Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Falcon 10x42 Scopes.

You can put me down for one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Who would be handling warranty work and repairs?
    Owners cannot deal with the mfr. direct.
    i'm very interested in this as well. I've had a scope thats needed warranty work/replacement for years now, but have gotten nowhere with any of the dealers.

Okay, I'll take two.
    I never met a gun I did not like!

Yup! I'll take one Mil/mil 2.5 to 10 I forget which focal plane for magnification but the reticle stays the same.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by preventing sober drivers from buying certain cars!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Based on my experiences with this brand, I wouldn't touch one with someone else's ten foot pole.
    Please elaborate.....it would be helpful to hear your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tap View Post
    Yup! I'll take one Mil/mil 2.5 to 10 I forget which focal plane for magnification but the reticle stays the same.
    This thread is for fixed power scopes not variable. no need to worry about focal planes

CGN Regular
    Any updates on this? I would be interested in 1.

Thanks.

Based on my experiences with this brand, I wouldn't touch one with someone else's ten foot pole.
    I have to agree with you.
    If you are looking for reliability and accuracy, stay away from Falcon scopes providing that I do not abuse my gears at all.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Please elaborate.....it would be helpful to hear your experience.
    Had two FMs.
    1 1/2 - 5 on my service rifle. Liked it, did well with it. Then during the walkback zeroing opportunity prior to the Nationals, something came loose inside. Couldn't see through it. This was just prior to the commencement of a national competition. Fortunately I had another upper with a Leupold 1 1/2-5 on it, although its zero was not as refined.
    The second FM was a 4 1/2 - 14 that I used for Precision. I noticed erratic performance during the Nationals, toward the end of the precision matches. Entire ocular assembly was loose, wobbling on the main tube.
    Both failed during major competitions.
    The manufacturer was no help. Would replace the scopes, but could not ship direct because of export issues. No dealer was actively carrying the line and importing them. The business that I bought the scopes from no longer carried them.
    I thought that the 1 1/2-5 was an excellent service rifle optic. I know a couple of other shooters who used them. Both of theirs failed.
    It is my opinion that the scopes are not dependable. Even if there was prompt dealer support, a defective scope during a major competition is unacceptable.
    I suppose for casual use, one would be OK, if the risk of failure didn't matter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Had two FMs.
    1 1/2 - 5 on my service rifle. Liked it, did well with it. Then during the walkback zeroing opportunity prior to the Nationals, something came loose inside. Couldn't see through it. This was just prior to the commencement of a national competition. Fortunately I had another upper with a Leupold 1 1/2-5 on it, although its zero was not as refined.
    The second FM was a 4 1/2 - 14 that I used for Precision. I noticed erratic performance during the Nationals, toward the end of the precision matches. Entire ocular assembly was loose, wobbling on the main tube.
    Both failed during major competitions.
    The manufacturer was no help. Would replace the scopes, but could not ship direct because of export issues. No dealer was actively carrying the line and importing them. The business that I bought the scopes from no longer carried them.
    I thought that the 1 1/2-5 was an excellent service rifle optic. I know a couple of other shooters who used them. Both of theirs failed.
    It is my opinion that the scopes are not dependable. Even if there was prompt dealer support, a defective scope during a major competition is unacceptable.
    I suppose for casual use, one would be OK, if the risk of failure didn't matter.
    Thank you, its good to get real hands on experiences to evaluate a product....all to often its, my bothers wifes uncles friend had one and blah blah blah.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast