Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Falcon 10x42 Scopes.

Super Moderator
    For my competition rifles, on my AR uppers, I have one with the Leupold 1 1/2-5, the other with a Leupold Mk. IV 2 1/2-8. On my precision rifle I am using a Sightron 6-24LRMOA.
    I am very satisfied with these.
    They cost more than the FMs. More or less double. I was hoping that the FMs would be in the best bang for the buck category.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Had two FMs.
    1 1/2 - 5 on my service rifle. Liked it, did well with it. Then during the walkback zeroing opportunity prior to the Nationals, something came loose inside. Couldn't see through it. This was just prior to the commencement of a national competition. Fortunately I had another upper with a Leupold 1 1/2-5 on it, although its zero was not as refined.
    The second FM was a 4 1/2 - 14 that I used for Precision. I noticed erratic performance during the Nationals, toward the end of the precision matches. Entire ocular assembly was loose, wobbling on the main tube.
    Both failed during major competitions.
    The manufacturer was no help. Would replace the scopes, but could not ship direct because of export issues. No dealer was actively carrying the line and importing them. The business that I bought the scopes from no longer carried them.
    I thought that the 1 1/2-5 was an excellent service rifle optic. I know a couple of other shooters who used them. Both of theirs failed.
    It is my opinion that the scopes are not dependable. Even if there was prompt dealer support, a defective scope during a major competition is unacceptable.
    I suppose for casual use, one would be OK, if the risk of failure didn't matter.
    Thanks for the detailed description of your experience. It's very helpful. I'm not so interested in one now.

I have two scopes by Falcon, the oldest is about 8 year sold and is still good after just over 1,000 rounds of 30.06. Used in wet conditions 90% of its life and almost entirely in the field. The second is about 7 years old and is on a heavy barreled .308 which also has a round count of about a 1,000 rounds.

Both appear to be faultless budget scopes, and still operate very well.

Not the best scopes by any stretch of the imagination, but they appear to be reliable and good enough for me to order a 3rd. This time for a M14 project that will have a 1,000 rounds through it by July of this year.

Candocad
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234