Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 12 gauge chamber inserts...

Quote Originally Posted by rc_p120 View Post
    What are these inserts, how do they work?
    I think the OP is speaking of a device that is the shape of a 12 ga shell that would ideally fit into the chamber of a break action shotgun. There is a chamber and rifling cut into it for various cartridges and the firing pin would strike the primer. I think its pretty cool, however I hear varying reports of accuracy. I guess for 3" of rifling what would you expect?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

+1

I would definitely be in for a 7.62 x 39. Maybe a .223 as well?
    So fall in lads behind the drum
    With Colours blazing like the sun
    Along the road to come-what-may
    Over the hills and far away

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    The main issue with accuracy is the fit of the insert into the chamber/barrel.

We may look at doing these this year. We are trying to focus on hard-to find and unique going forward

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    It can't be that difficult to manufacture. Especially the non-rifled ones. A lathe and a long drill bit, no?
    Need rifled ones though. Shooting 12" groups at 15 yards is no fun.

And 7.62x25! Now your talkin'!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post

We may look at doing these this year. We are trying to focus on hard-to find and unique going forward
    I like the idea.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post

Make them rifled and at least 6" long. Just do the russian 7.62x25x39x54 surplus cartridges as a package. No-one else does this to my knowledge. You have a guaranteed winner here with all the short shotties that are selling like hot-cakes!

Cheers

Count me in for a 357 Mag, 22 Mag. rim-fire, and a 44 Magnum. would prefer the 8" rifled type for a little better accuracy!...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    Make them rifled and at least 6" long. Just do the russian 7.62x25x39x54 surplus cartridges as a package. No-one else does this to my knowledge. You have a guaranteed winner here with all the short shotties that are selling like hot-cakes!

Cheers

BANNED
    Help me understand the utility of these. You need a single-shot or break action to use it. You have to extract/eject manually. Generally terrible accuracy (relative to a dedicated single/double shot rifle or even a semi-auto pistol in the same caliber). Lots of weight.

In no SHTF scenario am I grabbing a single-shot shotgun off my shelf. Either reaching out with a .308, hunkering down with a 12ga pump or moving fast with an AR.

FF

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post

Cheers
    I would think CanAm has a good perspective into what sells, caliber wise. So any caliber that is popular would be a good start. Plus, I have not seen anyone in Canada that sells these (lately or at all) or I am not looking hard enough. And I much rather spend my cash in Canada than south of the border.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Help me understand the utility of these. You need a single-shot or break action to use it. You have to extract/eject manually. Generally terrible accuracy (relative to a dedicated single/double shot rifle or even a semi-auto pistol in the same caliber). Lots of weight.

In no SHTF scenario am I grabbing a single-shot shotgun off my shelf. Either reaching out with a .308, hunkering down with a 12ga pump or moving fast with an AR.

FF
    No.