Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm happy and my head didn't explode

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar

I'm happy and my head didn't explode

Warning : this is a positive thread. If you are disappointed, I am sorry. Don't go any further.

Not one "good news" post gets more than 5 responses so I thought I would try the opposite approach. Sadly, I am very happy with my purchase but have to tell my story. Unlike another recent post on CGN regarding a used or floor model gun that got more than 100 comments, which is very sad statement. I purchased a new Sig X-5 tactical which is the black version. It was a display model. A combination of a lot of people doing tactical mag changes in the store and the world's cheapest finish on the frame from Sig meant the magwell had a few chips to the finish.

My sales person got in touch with me as soon as he was packing my gun up for shipping to tell me there were some marks to the magwell along with pictures of damage. He offered several options for me and I took the one that suited me the best. The gun itself is a dream and the magwell is getting a nice coat of black Cerakote this evening. Now it will be much stronger than the factory finish. My only disappointment is the cheap finish Sig put on such a custom gun. Black magic marker would have been better. I am sure the whole frame will get a Cerakote treatment soon, but I at least have to shoot it first.

So, no disaster thread here, just a very happy customer regarding how I was treated at P&D. Sorry to have mislead the haters.
    Last edited by MustangFrank; 01-06-2015 at 12:51 AM.

If you hit "enter" you can create "paragraphs"

That was a waste.

Looking forward to an update after you shoot it.

When governments are afraid of their people its called democracy......When people are afraid of their government, its called slavery.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    I've had quite a few Sig's and I would say that all their finishes have been excellent. As with any finish, once it's scratched, it looks like sh!t after.

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    I've had quite a few Sig's and I would say that all their finishes have been excellent. As with any finish, once it's scratched, it looks like sh!t after.
    I agree, but this seems to be less than typical. Usually, it takes a few seconds to blast through a Sig finish but this finish flew off in less than a second when held in one spot. That's as close to scientific as I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
    If you hit "enter" you can create "paragraphs"
    Thanks. I took your advice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Thanks. I took your advice.
    And thank you! I skip past walls of text when I see them in posts. This is much better.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    the important take away...

The salesperson noticed the damage and contacted the buyer with photos and options.
    That's customer service that should be standard.
    Passing off blem guns to internet buyers is wrong but I believe it's pretty common.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    the important take away...

The salesperson noticed the damage and contacted the buyer with photos and options.
    That's customer service that should be standard.
    Passing off blem guns to internet buyers is wrong but I believe it's pretty common.
    This is I think the most important thing we do in shipping (besides getting the address right). We tell our shipper to examine anything they ship even if it's in a sealed box as we have found defects from the factory. We do the same thing on a hand to hand sale in the store and also get the customer to examine the item before they take it home. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast