Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Customer XCR-L Review

Great video. I love my hbar M model.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I've had the quad rail and a keymod, the keymod has been equal if not slightly more accurate at 100m from the bench. Not a scientific test by any means but that was my experience. Maybe it was me that improved, but any benefit the heavy barrel holds over the light is completely negated by the added weight. It's not meant to be a sniper rifle anyways.

Excellent video. Thanks for posting it. I've had my 5.53 XCR-L with light barrel and keymod fore since late summer. It's excellent to carry around. I like the balance, as I have an old left shoulder injury that doesn't allow me to shoot heavy stuff from standing for long without point of aim getting wobbly,and this one lets me sight on a varmint to wait out a good shot easily for quite some time over a heavier barrel. Functionally flawless so far, and a lot of fun to shoot, not a lot of muzzle rise you stay on target for a followup shot if the um, ammo is faulty and you miss the first one. Next present to myself is the 7.62 barrel. Can't say enough good about dealing with Wolverine also. Fine bunch.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    The quad rail version could be lighter if you replace the heavy barrel with the light barrel.
    The pencil barrel is what worries me about accuracy. I have noticed my heavy barrel open up after shooting 50+ rapid shots, I can only imagine how much a pencil barrel would open up. I'm sure they are on the same level for the first few rounds, but after that the heavy barrel brings home the bacon.

A keymod heavy barrel would be ideal. Excellent grip profile while shooting on target during rapid plinking sessions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRussian View Post
    The pencil barrel is what worries me about accuracy. I have noticed my heavy barrel open up after shooting 50+ rapid shots, I can only imagine how much a pencil barrel would open up. I'm sure they are on the same level for the first few rounds, but after that the heavy barrel brings home the bacon.

A keymod heavy barrel would be ideal. Excellent grip profile while shooting on target during rapid plinking sessions.
    You save more weight going from heavy barrel to light barrel.
    I believe the weight difference is 0.8lbs between heavy and light barrel.
    And it is 0.5lbs between quad rail and keymod rail.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRussian View Post

But you haven't even tried the light barrel... The difference won't be as noticeable as you think. Although I can't say I've tried hand loads in my XCR, so maybe you have higher standards of accuracy than me. You're right about the keymod grip though. A serious improvement for real.

I use the XM193 ammo in my XCR-L 5.56 keymod. At 100M, hot and cold barrel, my groups are roughly the size of a man's face (I haven't noticed any change with barrel temp). Pretty much the exact size of the red dot at that distance(I don't think I could ask for more). If I used something more precise than a red dot, I imagine my accuracy would improve dramatically at that distance and greater. But down in Calgary, I'm still looking for a place to shoot that goes beyond 100m. Maybe after 50+ rounds your arms are just getting tired from holding up all that barrel lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Minute of Man's Face.
    That's not too great.
    Im at minute of baseball with an AR.

I still want one.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Minute of Man's Face.
    That's not too great.
    Im at minute of baseball with an AR.

I still want one.
    Well like I said, that's the size of my dot, I don't think it's anything to complain about.

The only 100m measure I have was ringing a small steel pistol target pretty easily using the EoTech XPS2.0 dot sight and milsurp norinco ball ammo. I am happy with that kind of accuracy at the range I intend to use it. I am sure the rifle is more accurate than I am

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Yeah some kind of scope is really the way to go if you want to test accuracy. I see a lot of magnified setups but not much on accuracy. Would love to see a thorough test with different ammo, similar to the Tavor testing Mike did.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...or+ammo+review
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast