Thread: B&T VZ58 7.62 Magwell Adapter ?

CGN Regular

B&T VZ58 7.62 Magwell Adapter ?

hi Guys,

Are any of the 7.62 B&T metal magwell adapters still available? Would these work on the current run of CSA VZ-58 chrome lined non-rest rifles? Let me know! Thanks!

KGB

CGN Regular
    Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Its about time.!! I would buy a VZ now. being stuck at 5 rounds defeated the whole purpose of owning one. I wonder if it will be as hard to install as the SKS adapter ??
    This is great news. How long have they been out ? Who"s desighn ?
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

CGN frequent flyer
    Out for a long time. B&T is the MFG and designer I think. Rifle must be sent away for permanent modification. If I remember correctly, when these came out they weren't %100 reliable at first. Maybe better now but as with many of these maxwell conversions, there were reports of feeding issues. Still, I agree... bumping capacity up to 10 rounds makes the VZ a heck of alot more attractive.

What!! How did I not know about this?? I will gladly pay $170 to have ten legal rounds in my VZ out in the back 40...
    Now to find out exactly what "modifications" are necessary...anybody know?
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOnes View Post
    What!! How did I not know about this?? I will gladly pay $170 to have ten legal rounds in my VZ out in the back 40...
    Now to find out exactly what "modifications" are necessary...anybody know?
    the add says the rifle has to be sent away and machined ????? How in-depth is this. Cant be harder than the sks mag mod........I hope.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

CGN Regular
    They machine the receiver, it is permanent but it will still accept standard mags if you convert it back. I think they charged a hundred or two for the modification. I have a CSA VZ 58 in .223 and have the CSA AR magwell adapter and it works 100%. A friend of mine had this B&T adapter on his and had lots of feed problems. Not sure the cause though, not sure what mags he was using with it. Talk to Grumpy He will have lots of info.

CGN frequent flyer
    There was a big difference in how the 7.62 and the .223 adapters worked. I havent owned one but was seriously considering buying a VZ with the conversion already done from wolverine a while back (they offered the rifle, pre-converted for a while). I just couldn't get past the sporadic reports of feeding issues. But again, maybe its better now.