Thread: Grand Power X-Cal?

Grand Power X-Cal?

Loving this thing. Was home in the Soo for Christmas and was recommended by a family member to buy a Grand Power X-Cal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I make the purchase.

They picked one up from a new gun retailer that opened up shop and wanted to pick everyone's brains.

Cheers.

Hell of a pistol, GP guns are great products, been into them since the early days.
    Now we have a real wholesaler in canada, we starting selling them.
    The GP pistols are going to be the biggest thing of 2o15 in US/Canada. If you ask me
    GP has a canadian facebook page as well as a Canadian rep here on CGN

Well sounds like its a good go then. Who is the Canadian Rep? The website I was directed to was NAS guns and ammo.

I have the Xtrim, and its my favourite pistol. I was lucky enough to find a member on the CGN forums that sent me his small grip, so now not only does the Xtrim work like a charm, it fits me like a glove!

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    The GP pistols are going to be the biggest thing of 2o15 in US/Canada.
    C'mon now. I've owned one and they're ok. They used to be a good "bang for your buck" pistol when the K100 X-TRIM could be had for $550 (early 2014). The "biggest thing of 2015"? No.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 01-06-2015 at 12:27 AM.

I bought one last spring, liked it so much, I bought another as a backup gun for IPSC matches. It's got a great trigger, pretty soft recoil, and after I put on some grip tape, it feels great in my hand. I had a CZ SP01 Shadow, it doesn't get out to play very much now lol

Quote Originally Posted by csm0507 View Post
    Loving this thing. Was home in the Soo for Christmas and was recommended by a family member to buy a Grand Power X-Cal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I make the purchase.

They picked one up from a new gun retailer that opened up shop and wanted to pick everyone's brains.

Cheers.
    Too many toys, too little time ...

Yeah the prices of the GP X-Calibur have jumped from around $900 to $1200 as of just early December. That is one hell of price jump. I missed out on the reasonable prices, because my RPAL approval just came recently (I had to call the BC Chief Firearms Officer and it got approved right away... I wish I had known to do that back in October when the normal waiting period was already well over... sigh...)

Very cool looking gun and I enjoy my time at the range with it.
    Everyone who sees it comments on it.

I got mine last year and for the most part have been happy.
    I've found occasionally problems in chambering where a round doesn't feed all the way into the chamber.
    That's probably only because I'm still breaking it in. Otherwise no issues.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel