Thread: 9.3X62 HVA rifle + ammo... Starting with a metric caliber, pictures up...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar

9.3X62 HVA rifle + ammo... Starting with a metric caliber, pictures up...

Thanks to Anthony for the guidance in getting my first 9.3X62 Husquaverna rifle along with 100 rounds of Privi 285 gr ( those brass will be reloaded) all ready have the reloading dyes for it... An adventure in the metric world... JP.
    Last edited by caramel; 01-08-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Caramel, how about some pictures…?
    Thanks,
    JK
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Picatinny View Post
    Caramel, how about some pictures…?
    Thanks,
    JK
    When my order get here, i will post some... JP.

I want one of these. Been debating on it for a while. Did you go for a 96 or 98? Been looking at a 96 but concerned about reloading with hotter loads, reading on the interweb has raised concerns about the action being unsafe for hot x62 loads. Anyway, I will get one someday I suppose.
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post
    I want one of these. Been debating on it for a while. Did you go for a 96 or 98? Been looking at a 96 but concerned about reloading with hotter loads, reading on the interweb has raised concerns about the action being unsafe for hot x62 loads. Anyway, I will get one someday I suppose.
    After discussing with Anthony, i went with a HVA M96, no problems to expect as they are quite good, they sold a bunch of them and it was all positive... My first idea was to start with a Ruger No 1S in 9.3X62 but not knowing nothing about the caliber, i went with a test run rifle/ammo... JP.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post
    Might want to look up some of the articles by John Barsness regarding 9.3x62. It established it's reputation on 286 gr at 2300-ish. Balance of recoil, power, wear and tear, etc. since what, 1905? How are you going to "improve" on that with "hot" loads? That is not what this cartridge is about - it is about heavy bullets, moderate velocity, extraordinary penetration and moderate recoil. Barsness found loads with Ramshot powder below 60,000 psi that pushed 286 Partitions nearly 2,500 fps, and published 250 grain Accubond loads at 2650 with similar pressure measured at Western Powders lab for these modern bullets. Check out factory 338 win mag 250 grain specs.... Pick a cup and core (PRVI) 286 grain and go forth and smoke anything in N.A. and most things in Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by Potashminer View Post
    Might want to look up some of the articles by John Barsness regarding 9.3x62. It established it's reputation on 286 gr at 2300-ish. Balance of recoil, power, wear and tear, etc. since what, 1905? How are you going to "improve" on that with "hot" loads? That is not what this cartridge is about - it is about heavy bullets, moderate velocity, extraordinary penetration and moderate recoil. Barsness found loads with Ramshot powder below 60,000 psi that pushed 286 Partitions nearly 2,500 fps, and published 250 grain Accubond loads at 2650 with similar pressure measured at Western Powders lab for these modern bullets. Check out factory 338 win mag 250 grain specs.... Pick a cup and core (PRVI) 286 grain and go forth and smoke anything in N.A. and most things in Africa!
    If 286 at 2300 is safe in an M96 then I'll be happy. Not looking to push to the limit. I had read a lot saying you should not go above x57 pressures. Thanks for the info, got some more reading to do
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

A usual, it is always a joy to recieved stuff from Tradeex... Here is my Husky M96 9.3X63, did look in my loose stuff box and found a Nikon 1X4X26 A223 Crossdot Burris with high steel rings... Will have to give it a good cleanup, condition is excellent, for such a big round, i am please to see that the rifle hold 6 rounds 5+1... This is a huge round... Looking for good range time with my METRIC... JP.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Thats great!! Enjoy the rifle! Its a thumper, and that one there looks like a classic!

Got to see first hand what those 285s do to big old moose this year with a Zastava I bought from Anthony. Yours looks more...classy though. I will say they straight up knock things out!
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."