Thread: Out law shotgun

CGN frequent flyer

Out law shotgun

First thanks for the free gun now the bad news, hopefully an easy fix. So I clean all the packing oil off and assemble clean the bore etc. and notice I can't move the safety. Then cock the hammer and try pulling triggers sure nuff they drop but stop short of contacting firing pins any suggestions?
    Last edited by cdm123; 01-07-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I would suggest more cleaning. Varsol and compressed air to get all the gunk out of the firing pin chanels.

Its garbage. Since it was free anyway you might as well send it to me
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by cdm123 View Post
    First thanks for the free gun now the bad news, hopefully an easy fix. So I clean all the packing oil off and assemble clean the bore etc. and notice I can't move the safety. Then cock the hammer and try pulling triggers sure nuff they drop but stop short of contacting firing pins any suggestions?
    when i got mine I couldn't move the safety either it was really stiff, in fact everything was stiff. After a trip to the range, that shotgun feels right, now its easy to open and close the shotgun and safety works well. I thought also that the hammer weren't hitting the firing pin at first when I got it but if you pay attention (or film in slow-mo lol) they do hit and then go back to their positions.

its a safety that the hammers dont rest on the firing pin. hold the triggers and push the hammers forward and you will see the pin poke out. If you are adventurous you can put your finger over the hole on the breech and drop the hammer

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for all the reply's, I will spray more break leaner on it and take it for a test firing.