Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice for my friend's RPAL application

Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    I sent mine Dec 5th, they received it Dec 11th and it's still not in the system, I expect it will show up soon based on a few other posts int he Shorten PAL times thread.
    Balls..... Sounds like I will be waiting a while. Mine arrived before New Years and I've been checking the online system but no joy.

Well they are really, really behind on processing RPALs. Sent mine in on 28 Sept 2014, one of my references got a call today. I don't expect to see my RPAL for another month, if I am lucky. Total time will be just over four months. I lost a lot of opportunities to start my collection over the black Friday, xmas and boxing day sales, oh well the wife is happy, lol.

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    I would pre deny his application on the grounds of being too stupid to know how to mail a letter.
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

Why aren't you registering all your mail to the gov't or RCMP? You at least get a signature if it's double registered....Just Asking!!!
    Licensed 12(6) Prohibited Handguns - Not as good as once was... but as good once as ever was ...
    If it hops it drops... if it flies it dies...

CGN frequent flyer
    update:

my friend called the CFC today and they have received his application and is currently being processed. thanks for the tips, guys!

And he saved money on the stamp, lol. Good news.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Off topic, we tried this once in North Bay just to see if it would work. I made up a letter, all it said was "If you receive this letter I saved 25 cents." All I did was put the recipients address as the return and mine as the sender, no stamp. Guess what? He got the letter lol. Probably would not work if you were mailing outside the city since who is going to drive to say North Bay with a return address of Toronto.

Also, Canada post lost my minors license application when I was 12 years old. I was shoveling drive ways to pay for the license and I got a money order. Waited almost six months and called the CFC, they never received it, I had to re send it and get a new money order, but they couldn't cancel my last one. I think I was out 90 bucks, big deal when you're 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    yeah, that cheap f**k. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12