Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice for my friend's RPAL application

CGN frequent flyer

advice for my friend's RPAL application

my buddy sent in his RPAL application around mid-december to miramichi. the only problem is he forgot to put a stamp on the envelope when he mailed it (doh!). the envelope has not been RTS by canada post but the CFC says they dont have it when he last called. what should he do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    Because of the 28 day waiting period, they probably don't even look at it till then

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops666 View Post
    Because of the 28 day waiting period, they probably don't even look at it till then
    i mentioned to him to wait until february and call them again. what if they still say they havent received it? should he wait even longer? or should he just challenge the test again to get the test papers and reapply?

CGN Regular
    I believe you don't need to put a stamp to send en envelope to a government service.
    Fact: in 100% of the fake guns related shootings the victims is always the one with the fake gun

Quote Originally Posted by popol View Post
    I believe you don't need to put a stamp to send en envelope to a government service.
    Unless a postage-paid envelope was used a stamp is generally required.

Why would he think he needs to challenge the test again, where ever he took the test has a copy of his original. Get a copy and fill the paperwork out again if it's truly in the wind.
    Member of CSSA & CFFR

I sent mine just before Christmas. Called the other day and the girl told me they are about 4-5 weeks behind opening mail due to a huge volume in December. They datestamp the envelopes as they receive them. The waiting period starts the day it arrives, not when they open it.

BANNED
    CFC will never see it without postage. No stamp means it'll be back, eventually. Assuming he put his return address on the envelope, Her Majesty's Canadian Postal Service(huge volumes in December, period.) will send it back. No return address gets it put into the 'dead letter' box. Aka: The Round File. Nothing they can do about it.
    Your buddy might as well resend the whole package with correct postage.
    Postage is required for everywhere and everybody except your MP.

I sent mine Dec 5th, they received it Dec 11th and it's still not in the system, I expect it will show up soon based on a few other posts in the Shorten PAL times thread.
    Last edited by Chilidip; 01-10-2015 at 04:20 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    my buddy sent in his RPAL application around mid-december to miramichi. the only problem is he forgot to put a stamp on the envelope when he mailed it (doh!). the envelope has not been RTS by canada post but the CFC says they dont have it when he last called. what should he do?
    I've always wondered about this. Does Canada Post "return to sender" these days? Haven't heard much about any" postage due " scenarios lately, probably not worth their while.
    No wood......No good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast