Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River Pricing

CGN Regular
    If a retailor such as PR buys a product at y and their profit margin is x , the retail price will be z .

The OP should go buy from the big box stores that offer such great pricing & service, then rant about the service when there is an issue with product.

Or rant about the prices in the EE ....................

Prophet Rivers service is priceless.

I will continue to purchase from Prophet River.

They offer products most other realtailers do not, as with anything price should only be one of the concerns when making a purchase.

Prophet River was my hometown store up until a few years ago. I had bought a few guns and certainly didn't think I had overpaid. Then once I had started really comparing and calling for prices on the next few guns I thought it was funny that I just kept buying from prophet because they were still the lowest price, at least on the guns I was after. On top of that, as it's been said, also great service and have never had a snide remark when asking them to go lower on a price on a more rare gun, just a polite "sorry we don't often get these and am pretty sure it'll sell quick", which I'm sure is true, unlike other stores I called that wouldn't match an actual price of one of the most common handguns out there I received quite the attitude. Prophet River is definitely top of the list for gun stores from my many experiences with them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    I only saw one of the previous threads, and commented in it...but since Clay took the time to chime in, I'm happy to do so again. Prophet River is a first-rate shop, and the customer service is second to none. I've read favorable reviews about other CGN sponsors too and made purchases based on them...but I can tell you that in my experiences...the ONLY CGN sponsor I've dealt with who lives up to the glowing reviews is Prophet River. Like any sensible consumer, I'll continue to shop around...but I can honestly say that when I'm considering a new firearm purchase, Prophet River is the first place I look. I don't have deep pockets, but I've also reached a point in my life where dealing with a reputable online seller is worth a few extra dollars if I need to pay it. Which I haven't with Clay, BTW. Only business I've done with PR was on things competitively priced, or, on things only THEY sell. Value in both cases, as far as I'm concerned.

My last three online rifles have been purchased at Prophet River. They had what I wanted and I was happy with the price. Everyone on the staff is polite and knowledgeable. Clay personally has helped me on purchase issues outside of store hours.
    I have reached the point in my life where I buy what I want when I want. And I spend my money where I get treated like a proper customer. I will continue to purchase products from Prophet River.
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Thanks Clay for the explanation. A lot of people don't understand why the average store cannot compete with a "brand" like Cabelas where they have low mark-up on firearms and then gouge a buyer with extreme mark-ups on their branded clothing & items, or another competitor that bought on sale/low exchange rate/etc. I don't need to re-hash what you have said about buying volumn, the exchange rate and the like.

People that are happy with any business, even if they pay more or have to wait longer, do so because they willingly and knowingly understand the situation: that is the same at Prophet River or somewhere like IRUNGUNS. It is my opinion that 99% of complaints are because of a lack of research, knowledge and understanding of the way something is that 99% of customers already knew and accepted.

In the last while I have reduced my involvement in posting here on CGN because the attitudes recently have not been friendly, and one of those threads about your pricing showed it: someone asks a question(s), someone gets rude/insulted/defensive/what have you in one way or another, and the whole thing spirals the Internet drain...

In the end, with any business including Prophet River, I will continue to buy from you as I always have: when it benefits me the most, even if I pay more or wait longer.
    Last edited by Aniest; 01-12-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: clarity
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Best shop in Alberta as far as I'm concerned! Nuff Said

I love your site its awesome and I bought a sig 1911 and its the best pistol I got and pricing was the best I could find.I will be a lifelong customer for sure

I have bought from PR, and have nothing but great feedback. The exact Talley rings I wanted were in stock(rare), and priced the same as in 'Merica! And they shipped fast!!

And to echo the responses of some above, it seems like there are some cheapskates on this site who need everything for below cost or free, or else you're a thief. CGN is a funny place sometimes.......

CGN Regular
    This is a very thorough, intelligent, and appropriate response. Now just wait for the thread, "Why did 'item x' increase in price by 20%?"

PR has always been upfront and good to me.
    "23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"