Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by bucktomcat View Post
    This is the funniest thing ive read all day....you think Cabelas or anyone in there will give a rats ass because you spent 15k? They wont remember you because the staff is never the same for one thing...haha im still laughing
    Not to mention that Clay already provided a reasonable and plausible explanation along with several different scenarios that explain PR's pricing.

Clay- now that I made up some great stories about you...it's your turn to hold up your part of the deal...please could you find me a lh .22 Hornet in a bolt action? A-Bolt or perhaps a Kimber?

CGN Regular
    For the customer service I received I'd happily pay a little more than I would at a big box store. And the wonderful customer service actually had me paying less. Quality stores cost more, you get what you pay for. Keep up the good work PR.

Clay,

Good, honest response to the pricing issue.

In today's world, every one has web access to retailers across North America as to pricing. The reality in our sport is that supply is a very, big problem at the moment. For one item that I was looking for last month, I canvased almost every major US and Canadian supplier. Many had great prices and all had absolutely no stock or any prospect whatsoever of getting stock. Fortunately, I was able to find supply from one of our other GunNutz suppliers. The bottom line is that we as buyers need to shop around to find the kind of deal that suits our individual needs and personality.

Prophet River's service is ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS and they stock a wide range of the products that we are looking for.

I really like to shop at Prophet River because of the quality of their product line, their wonderful service and most of all their helpful staff, while at at the same time I also purchase from a number of other CGN suppliers due to availability and price.

Brentwood

Delt with prophet river quite a few times. 0 complaints and excellent service as everyone else has mentioned. That's the problem these days everyone wants everything for nothing. The same guys who whine and cry about pricing, buy from the big box guys and then whine and cry about customer service.......

No need to explain Clay, people who have actually dealt with PR know the reality. Thanks.
    Red Dragons!

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Clay- now that I made up some great stories about you...it's your turn to hold up your part of the deal...please could you find me a lh .22 Hornet in a bolt action? A-Bolt or perhaps a Kimber?

Can always do a Hornet in a Cooper LH
    Single shot though....
    Hope you have been well
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by galamb View Post
    I work in retail and sorry, you have it wrong.

In 2015 a Canadian retailer has an absolute responsibility to have everything conceivable in stock, all the time, at prices better than advertised anywhere else.

Just ask some of the customers that walk through the doors...

The only ones I can forgive for having that attitude are the ones in store that got there because we sent out the covert van to their homes, dragged them out, covered their heads with hood, drove them to the store and then forced them to shop - I guess it's fair for them to complain about the cost - all the rest could have chosen the shop across the street if they didn't like the prices...
    You speak tongue in cheek but with the amount of customer-hate going on in this thread, it's no wonder that Canadian gun buyers feel like second-rate citizens. Capitalism means that retailers have a right to set the price according to the market but it also means that the market works without artificial barriers to entry. Canadian gun sellers have been enjoying a captive market because of a prohibitive legal framework for far too long...as they say, when you are warm and cuddly under a pile of xxxx, it's better not to start singing.

BANNED
    PR has a great selection of handguns, those Dan Wesson 1911s are gorgeous and I have been eyeing them for awhile lol.

I have dealt with Prophet River and found them to be fair and very helpful. As far as pricing goes they are entitled to charge whatever they want for items. Supply, demand and competition will dictate if they sell their product. Believe it or not, gun stores are allowed to make a profit. The way I look at it when ever I go into a sporting goods store everything in there is a "want" not a "need", unless my wife is with me then I need it.If I want to buy it I will. It is not like gas prices where they just bend us over.