Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by joenl View Post
    your store your prices. Its simple. Instead of complaining maybe the op should have looked elsewhere if they were not happy with the prices.

Necro thread fellas

well before the ammo shortage took hold in sask/ab I stocked up with hmr .17 and 22-250 ammo. The advertised price was quite better than any body else and when I called it was in stock. Shipping was high but that's not their problem, so I drove to Lloyd and picked it up. Since I bought so much they gave me a xtra discount that I didn't ask for. They have been good for me.

I have not bought anything from you (yet), But I have checked your prices and spent time on your website. Yes I do see that a lot of consignment items are overpriced, but I know that you don't really have a say on the pricing! Anything can sell to somebody at any price anytime! better to have one in stock and make a sale than not having it!

Some items are very well priced too! your original post hit everything right on the head, it is how it is in a retail store! So For people complaining, just buy it elsewhere if its a big issue! I go to Walmart and find items higher that some mom and pop shops and sometimes the other way around it is how it is!

Anyways stay the course! I'm sure I'll buy something sometime here anyways! Cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galamb View Post
    I work in retail and sorry, you have it wrong.

In 2015 a Canadian retailer has an absolute responsibility to have everything conceivable in stock, all the time, at prices better than advertised anywhere else.

Just ask some of the customers that walk through the doors...
    This is exactly how the family that owns Walmart made their 150+ billion dollar fortune...you may have been sarcastic but thats what works!

Bought a few scopes and some other items from you guys ...prices were great and service was awesome! I have also emailed and inquired about many items, always with a prompt professional response. I don't see Clay on here bitching about all the people emailing and not buying something......people need to relax. If its too much buy it elsewhere its as simple as that. Man...people just yip about everything.

Thanks for your great service Clay and the rest of your staff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    If you are buying an expensive item...
    Talking with Clay is the best thing to do... JP.

First things first, Clay is an unreal individual to say the least. He is very kind hearted, and goes well over and above what he needs to for his customers. I approached Clay about a Leupold Mk4 I wanted to purchase. I stated cabelas had them listed for $2,050, plus tax, I asked him if he could save me a trip to the city and match the price. He got on his computer and said lets see what I can do. $1800, how's that he asked me. I said wow, great Clay order me one up please. So he could have made an extra $250, being I just asked him to match it, and I would have been just fine paying the matching price. That goes to say, he treats his customers very very well. Thanks again Clay!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik123 View Post
    Necro thread fellas
    Just noticed that, oops.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I thought that I would post about a recent experience with having Prophet River sell two handguns for me. I sell my non restricted firearms myself on the EE, but because these two were restricted I didn't want to bother with the transfers, or with permits to ship them. I brought in the two Freedom Arms revolvers, we discussed the values and agreed on prices, and about a week later, I saw the handguns appear on the Prophet River listings. A couple of weeks later, I was notified that both handguns had sold, for pretty much the asking price. The fact that both guns sold so quickly tells me that the asking price was fair. The entire procedure was very smooth, and easy, just like all of my purchases from Prophet River. Yes some consignment prices are high, but that is because the owners ignore the pricing suggested by Clay, and as a result, the firearms remain unsold for long periods.
    I have only purchased two consignment firearms from Prophet River, and both were purchased for under market value, One of these firearms was a higher end SxS shotgun in 98% condition, that was purchased for less than half the price of a new one, and at least $1000 under the normal selling price for a used shotgun in this condition.
    only accurate guns are interesting