Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Magpul - The Precision Hunter

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trinimon View Post
    from what i gather from magpul's facebook post, it's a 308 pmag ac, aics compatible mag, not a stanag for your ar.

It would be cool if it was standard m5 inletted so you could install a stanag compatible ptg bottom metal.
    yes!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    From what I gather from Magpul's Facebook post, it's a 308 PMAG AC, AICS compatible mag, not a STANAG for your AR.

It would be cool if it was standard M5 inletted so you could install a STANAG compatible PTG bottom metal.
    Wonder if they'll make higher capacity mags? A 10 round might be nice. I could see doing up a scout style rifle with this stock system.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Wonder if they'll make higher capacity mags? A 10 round might be nice. I could see doing up a scout style rifle with this stock system.
    Indeed, 10rnd mags would be awesome! I can't believe Magpul waited this long to bring out AICS mags. Would have been cool if it was modular enough to go with either AICS or their current 7.62 PMAGS. I'll take a few 6rnd polymer AICS mags. Guess I won't be ordering those MDT mags anytime soon now.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    7.62 PMag would be 5 rounds here in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    7.62 PMag would be 5 rounds here in Canada
    These are new AICS compatible PMAGs.
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    Weight?
    Colors?
    offered in LH?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Weight?
    Colors?
    offered in LH?
    Guess we'll find that out next week at SHOT.
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    I am not interested by the archangel, and was about to order a cadex chassis for my blueprinted 700 aac-sd, but this could make me change my mind.
    The price is way lower than the chassis, but I'll wait for reviews on it to see if it would be suitable for a long range precision target rifle or if it's going to be a case of "you get what you pay for".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    I am not interested by the archangel, and was about to order a cadex chassis for my blueprinted 700 aac-sd, but this could make me change my mind.
    The price is way lower than the chassis, but I'll wait for reviews on it to see if it would be suitable for a long range precision target rifle or if it's going to be a case of "you get what you pay for".
    I was planning a build in a different chassis as well, I suspect Magpul will deliver another amazing product of that I'm sure. Having used and owned a lot of Magpul products I can't see them producing a cheap or flimsy stock system.

I too will wait and read some reviews before picking one up but I imagine these will be a solid product at a reasonable price point.
    Last edited by G.Mitchell; 06-16-2015 at 10:57 PM.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    These are new AICS compatible PMAGs.
    Magpul has a couple of accessories ready to go for the Hunter chassis. The first is the end-user installable Bolt Action Magazine Well that allows AICS magazine compatibility. Magpul says the installation is simple: remove the mag well spacer from the Hunter chassis (thirty seconds) and insert the hybrid steel and insert the polymer Bolt Action Magazine Well. Sounds easy. $69.95 MSRP.

Second, Magpul has the PMAG5 7.62 AC, an AICS compatible polymer magazine with anti-tilt follower. The magazine holds five rounds as packaged to comply with hunting regulations, but if you clip the follower stop on a pre-scored line, it becomes a 6-round magazine, useful in competitive shooting disciplines or for carrying an extra round where it’s legal. $34.95 MSRP.
    $35 for a 6 round AICS? sounds like a waste of money

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast