Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Looking for 22LR? We have TONS!!

CGN Regular
    ordered sunday night got my ordertoday thanks

Another opportunity for business lost. Poor record keeping abilities is no excuse for charging higher rates to out-of-province customers. Just a suggestion.. spend the extra money you receive from the rest of Canada on someone with the ability to manage basic paperwork.

The "must charge out of province tax" excuse smells like B.S.! It's very doubtful they have stores, warehouses or offices across Canada, like Amazon.ca, Canadian Tire or Walmart.ca for example.

If it ain't B.S., the seller should have no problem to provide you the tax number for the provinces he charges tax to. These can be verified easily. If he doesn't have these numbers, he's just pocketing the money and giving you a lame ass excuse (lie). You can actually report it to the ministry of revenue for investigation. There are quite a few businesses out there doing this illegitimately.

GST and HST / PST Numbers Search:

(I used a receipt from Canadian Tire, which lists BOTH their tax numbers - Federal and Provincial)

Quebec PST: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/sepf/s...alidation_tvq/

GST/HST: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gsthstregistry/

Last edited by 762mm; 01-22-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN frequent flyer
    i used to run a webstore. i have an HST number (still have it) and CRA told me that i have to charge the customer the appropriate sales tax based on their address. its a huge pain in the butt IMO.

A taxable supply, other than a zero-rated supply, made in a non-participating province is subject to the GST. When such a supply is made in a participating province, it is subject to the HST.

Specific rules apply to determine whether a supply is made in Canada and whether it's made in or outside of a participating province. The rate of tax to charge for a supply is determined by the province or territory in which the supply is made, which is referred to as the place of supply.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp.../menu-eng.html

Thanks guys
    Got my case today.

I live in Ontario and bought a barreled action from Dlask Arms in B.C.They charged me the Ontario tax (which is high) if this means anything.I live 20 minutes from General Gun and they've never screwed me over in the 20 years that I've been dealing with them..just my .2 cents.Don't have to buy anything from anyone if you don't want

I bought a gun at a gunshow and the seller was an alberta based operation, I saved tax as they charged only gst no pst
    I also bought an xcr from a vendor in Ontario as opposed to bc and save hundreds of dollars in tax because no pst just gst so maybe its dependant on the business and how they are set up?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456