Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar

Canpar

Is it normal for Canpar not to ever update tracking info? I have a shipment that was picked up on Monday afternoon and there have been no other scans since then.Shouldn't it be passing through a terminal in Winnipeg or Toronto or Montreal on it's way east? I know with UPS or Fedex there seems to be an update as it moves in and out of each depot along the way. Even Canada Post will update several times as a package moves across the country.

Canpar should be updating. Sometimes your browser stores information on links you constantly visit. If you're going from a link from an email try manual entering the tracking number or refreshing the page a few times. This happens to me often when dealing with UPS.
    If not? Give em a call
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    ^ Nope...tried that but still the same. It's always showed an ETA of Monday Jan 19 (and still does) so I guess I'll wait and see. I don't have much experience with Canpar other than hearing that they aren't the best when it comes to service.

The few times i used them, tracking stopped 2 provinces away. It was because canpar doesn't ship east of Moncton directly. They use another courier to get the rest of the way. Call them up if you are worried. Should get a decent answer.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have never once had Canpar update accordingly nor provide an accurate shipping date.

The package has arrived every time but I usually have to pick it up from a courier office.

CGN Regular
    North of Oakbank, South of Selkirk, West of Beausejour
    My last package was shipped from Edmonton to Winnipeg, then all went silent for a while. It made a little extra journey to Toronto. When it returned, I was informed that they wouldn't deliver it to my place as it is rural. The month previous I had 2 cases of ammo delivered to my door. Ordered the same day, but delivered one week apart due to one package being slow loaded in Ottawa. If it wasn't that they will delivery ammo, I wouldn't recommend them.

Large gaps are common. After they "knock" on your door and you aren't home you will see the updates - out for delivery-

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Is it normal for Canpar not to ever update tracking info? I have a shipment that was picked up on Monday afternoon and there have been no other scans since then.Shouldn't it be passing through a terminal in Winnipeg or Toronto or Montreal on it's way east? I know with UPS or Fedex there seems to be an update as it moves in and out of each depot along the way. Even Canada Post will update several times as a package moves across the country.
    Yes.

Canpar is garbage. I would rather ship via crackheads in a 3 wheeled clown car.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guns View Post
    Canpar is garbage. I would rather ship via crackheads in a 3 wheeled clown car.
    Now *that's* an idea. Are they in the Yellow Pages?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast