Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for First Hand Reviews of US Made 858 receivers

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Leigh, why don't u guys make an 858 variant receiver in house? Or farm out to canadian shop?
    Maybe it's dumb question I dunno
    It's a very logical question and the answer is...it would cost far too much money. Because they would need to be milled from a solid block of steel the tooling costs would be very high. They then need to be heat treated, engraved, have barrels installed and then be Cerakoted. Total cost for a Canadian company to make them....a lot more than you would want to pay.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.

BANNED
    actually,,the reciever is a very easy piece to machine,,,i showed one to a machinist friend of mine and he laughed,,he say anyone of the CNC mills he works own would pound these out easily,,,even some of the cheaper home type CNC equipment could do it,,,we're spending near a grand on a 858 when we could get them,,i dont see how a canada company can't make one,,

CGN Regular
    How much do you guys charge to take a barrel off my vz58 and put another one on?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    Ohio Ordinance does the new receivers for CAI, I've talked with a number of Yank friends and the quality is great. The usual CAI quality assembly, but the receivers themselves are good.
    I heard Ohio does a good job too.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12