Thread: Shooting on Crown Land

Shooting on Crown Land

I live in Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island BC and I have been looking around for crown land I can both drive to and hike up to go shooting. I have installed the Google Earth app with the Crown Land lines and I am surprised by how little of the forest is Crown land. I had previously gone to my local RCMP office and asked them about shooting on crown land. I was told that if I go west of the hydro cut lines and of highway 4 & 19 then I am fine as long as there isn't any no shooting signs, but from my app most of that isn't crown land. Is that app incomplete what is going on?

Also, I have had troubles finding any legal resource about shooting on crown land. Where is it stated that you can do this?

good questions, I am not familiar with this google crown land app but what you can also do is talk to local farmers with forest land around (don't want to walk around on a crop), and just type up a basic, pain English document that he can sign giving you permission to shoot on his land, if you know him already and can setup some safety items (dirt berm, red/green flags, etc) you shouldn't have any issues (provided its just you and there is no big group of friends) ..... please some step in and correct me if I'm wrong.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    --Jim Carrey
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse.
    --Thomas Szasz

BANNED
    Apps rarely mean anything.
    No law tells you what you can do. Only what you cannot. Like ScubaD Says, it's likely best to ask for permission from the land owner. Ontario requires written permission. Don't know about B.C. No RCMP type can give you permission to do anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    What is this Google earth app with crOwn land lines on it that you speak of?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Where can I find info about shooting on crown lands? Regulations and laws?