Rating - 100%
425   0   2
1A blue & walnut 22" 7mm-08

1S blue & walnut 24" 30-06

1B blue & walnut 28" 257 Weatherby Mag

1H blue & walnut 24" 375 H&H Mag

K1V stainless & walnut 26" 223 Rem 1 in 8" twist

1-RSI in 6.5x55- will be second half of year

Question out of the blue: do you know whether anyone has talked to Ruger about making a 40-65 / 45-70 No1 with a 30" heavy bbl?

I'm talking BPCR rifle.

Do you already have an idea about pricing in Canada?
Thanks, Christian

We are taking orders now at 1499 and 1579 for the RSI. People that place them are 'locked in' , of course. Ruger only put up the cost $26.00 this year so , not bad, after increasing by $200.00 last year. However, margins are tight on #1's and with us now paying 1.24 for a dollar these could retail at 1600 this year.

Last edited:
They are beyond my budget but still it's good to see the 6.5x55mm selected for the RSI this year. It seems very appropriate.

Question out of the blue: do you know whether anyone has talked to Ruger about making a 40-65 / 45-70 No1 with a 30" heavy bbl?

I'm talking BPCR rifle.
You realize of course, that the No.1 is not legal for sanctioned BPCR matches - at least it wasn't for as long as I was shooting long range black powder stuff.
It was a real sticking point for me for years, because an original Farquarson is legal, but the Ruger is not.
Cat

I'm talking BPCR rifle.

No, not sure if this idea has ever been taken to Ruger/Lipseys about this or not. Jason Cloessner is the person in charge of the special runs at Lipseys.

I found an "email the CEO" link on the Ruger site. Mike Fifer got back to me and said that demand would be too limited for them to do it.

I suppose Lipseys might be able to get it done, if they thought they could sell whatever quantity they had to order.

Yes, and they were kept from us ordinary folk, so I don't have a Ruger No.1. :( The RSI is what it would have taken to get me to buy the No. 1 in .303British.

A stainless walnut RSI would be brilliant of course 6.5 would be lovely and if they would only make 7x57 again, also the oddball 218 would stimulate the market, however the rugger No1 is now starting to get out of the financial bracket for most shooter which is a shame

wow prices sure are going up on this great rifle, bought my 300 win mag no 1 in 94, love it but got too heavy to pack so now it just get used at the range when I feel like getting a sore shoulder. sure would like another but a bit out of the budget.

A No.1-RSI in .45/70 would get me VERY excited... I am positive that it would be a great seller also... maybe you could put that bug in the appropriate ear, Clay???

Back
Top Bottom