Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Ar-15 should i buy? i have been looking at the Nor CQA any suggestion guys?

Quote Originally Posted by j_moe View Post
    i guess the big question i have to ask, after reading all your post is, do i want an ar that i could fall back on in the case the world ever went crazy. If the answer is yes then a colt looks good i have seen them in the 1100-1200 price range but if its only for fun then the Norinco CQA will do the trick, m4 feed ramps and thick barrel and better steel won't make a difference really for fun at the range 2 times a month i am thinking.
    I think you'll be surprised with the reliability of the Norc even shooting cheap ammo. And realistically your gonna get more than one AR eventually. Awesome platform and there are some crazy deals that pop up here on CGN from time to time. Go Norc now and figure out what you like or don't like then splurge on a fancier AR with all the options U prefer.

My recommendation would be the CORE15 M4. It is touching the $1000 price point but is extremely well built and runs like a top. Check out Wanstall's and Wolverine Supplies if interested.

I have the cqa1 I bought from Marstar for $529. Goes bang every time and very accurate. Just a word of warning. Most guys, including myself, end up customizing their rifles. Don't expect to get all your money back if you turn around and want to sell it as most guys like upgrading themselves.

Expired Business Member
    Two competing philosophies with this.

1 - buy a cheap gun (like a Norc) and accessorize - this is what most people do - mainly it gets you a shooting gun right away, it runs, its functional. Some people keep it stock and are happy with it. While other people start tinkering with it. Swapping parts here and there, a new handguard, a new stock, a new trigger. Sooner or later you have 4 different handguards, 5 stocks and 3 muzzle devices and you've dropped $2k in accessories on a $600 gun.

2 - buy a stripped gun and build up - I've been around ARs long enough that I know what I want - the big con of this option is that you don't want to shoot this gun until its PERFECT - you have the EXACT part that makes you happy and there is a lot of waiting involved. We're out of stock, or it costs a lot and we're saving up. I understand, cuz I've been here - A LOT. BUT I am certainly in my "happy place" when I get my PERFECT AR up and running and shooting the first stage of a match or feel that perfect crisp click of a match grade trigger.

Regardless I'll get a shooting gun and I'll realize that I need to improve something and go build ANOTHER AR.

It's an addiction and I think I have a problem

It's call BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12