Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Ar-15 should i buy? i have been looking at the Nor CQA any suggestion guys?

What Ar-15 should i buy? i have been looking at the Nor CQA any suggestion guys?

I am going to use my gun for target practice but I'm not sure if i should just spend more money and get a gun with more on it out of the box, any thoughts boys?

chances are *whatever* you buy you will upgrade anyways, so if its your first one, go budget and tinker with it. If you like/love the platform and gadgets you can swap back OEM parts, sell it, and upgrade from there.
    Last edited by Bak Dur; 01-23-2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

thank for info, yea i keep seeing good stuff about the Norinco CQA for what it is.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    i shot my Norc yet waiting on the paper work but everything looks good and i havent found any issues yet.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

I had the Norc and it always went bang. never any mechanical hiccups. fit and finish aren't up to some of the other ones, but if you swap the furniture out for some magpul (stock, handguard, pistol grip), throw on a new muzzle brake and it looks like a much more expensive AR. The only thing I didn't like about my Norc, was the A2 type front sight. I prefer flat top optic ready style with some flip up sights :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    What is your price point? Do you plan on upgrading the Norc? If you go crazy (and most people eventually do,) changing out stocks, grips, MOE, rails, sights, trigger, BCGs, and charging handles for starters, you might as well get a Daniel Defense. That's what you will end up with in a couple of years anyways!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Do it once do it right. Spend the cash get quality. Can't go wrong with Daniel Defense or Colt
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

My first Ar was a CQA 10.5, loved it. Always went bang, never an issue. I went budget just to make sure I liked the platform. My recommendation is that you shoot a buddies first if possible before you buy. If you like it spend a little more now. If you go to upgrade later you will never get back what you put in to the Norc.
    If there are no dogs in heaven.....When I die I want to go where they go.

i guess the big question i have to ask, after reading all your post is, do i want an ar that i could fall back on in the case the world ever went crazy. If the answer is yes then a colt looks good i have seen them in the 1100-1200 price range but if its only for fun then the Norinco CQA will do the trick, m4 feed ramps and thick barrel and better steel won't make a difference really for fun at the range 2 times a month i am thinking.

If they sell a CQA with all the add ons that might be a way to go, i would not want to spend over $1000 for the ar i got but the 499.99 plus free shipping at canada ammo is just a crazy good deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast