Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about my new Norinco M14

I just looked at your pics and the bolt looks like it's in the removal position , but if the trigger group is still in the rifle it might cause it to jam up . Is the trigger group still in the rifle ? If so remove the trigger and see if this helps .
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Okay. That's nothing. Just grab the roller and jiggle it forward and upward and it will become unstuck.

You don't really need any new tools (except maybe a gas cylinder wrench). You have a field tool kit in the butt of the rifle stock.

I'm in North York and can give you a hand if you like

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    BTW, Barney (TacticalTeacher) has an M14 clinic in Port Elgin tomorrow at 9am. I wonder if it's too late to join

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ister-with-ME!

Okay, I got the issue fixed and the rifle back together. It wasn't hard at all! I did managed to pull the trigger while trying to put the trigger group back into the stock and the tigger guard hammered down on my thumb. My thumb smarts a bit but overall, the exercise was fun!

Odd Shot: Thanks so much for the link to the Clinic. I've been to the site and will be sure to contact them for their next clinic.

I would like to sincerely thank everyone for all the help and tips!

Rock n roll!
    AB

I'm glad to see you figured it out.

Glad you were able to figure it out. I'm in port credit and although I'm not an expert with the m305 if you run into any issues feel free to shoot me a message if be glad to lend a hand
    NFA & CSSA Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Just got you thumb wacked eh,lol. Congratulation's you've just been initiated into the M1 Garand and M-14 owners club!--Dieseldog!

Hi ArchiesBunker, I hope you have managed to strip down your rifle and found the problem. As mentioned there is a lot of good info on the web. What I have found helpful is to strip it down in a logical order and place all the parts in order that they were removed. Reinstallation is a lot easier this way, as the bolt and op rod can be a little "awkward" until you get used to them. Have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12