Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Watershed MTP - Firearm Dry Bags

Salty Knife Nut

2015 Shot Show: Watershed MTP - Firearm Dry Bags

I didn't give these guys much notice and passed their book several times until one time I stopped and took a closer look and was glad I did. I am posting this mini review not for new products but hopefully to let you know about some interesting products that may be handy for use near the water.

Watershed is a company that specializes in drybags. They have a recreational line and a military line. The recreational is stuff in civvy colours and geared towards the kayaking and other similar activities.The military line is where they have some really cool stuff. They have the usual styled bags in various sizes but in hunter/mil/LEO colors as well as some very purpose built designs for firearms, rucksacks, and other purposes.

They are extremely durable and very well made. The bags are air tight. They inflated the display models with air to show their shape, but also to show off their seal. Anyway, the ones I wanted to show the most are the rifle bags. They make 6 different Rifle bags in various sizes. The one they had on display was the model called the "Torpedo Shotgun Bag Milspec" It was a straigtforward shaped gun bag with a shoulder strap and a carry handle.

Most models also have an inflation valve that you blow into to inflate them with air, that makes them buoyant so they float and you can't lost them in the water.

Pretty awesome bags I must say, something excellent for the hunter to put his gun in if you have to cross a stream or river, or get somewhere in a boat first.

The bags price is around 250$ USD to 500$ or so depending on the model.

This are designed as shells though, the idea is that they carry the rifle and some type of padded carrying case. You could put the rifle in on its own but you would risk sharp edges wearing down the material.

Their website only shows 3 models so I am guessing the others are new for 2015 including this case.

I recommend checking out their website at www. drybags.com

Something to give you an idea of the other stuff

This is the long gun, designed to fit a dragbag and its contents

Last edited by ceriksson; 01-25-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Sweet, I wonder how long the contents would stay dry if it was left in the bush.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson 1791
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake1911 View Post
    Sweet, I wonder how long the contents would stay dry if it was left in the bush.
    I don't believe the intent is to prevent the eventual moisture of the forest from seeping in and rusting everything. I believe it is for someone in a canoe, boat, on horse back or hiking where you might get splashed with water from crossing that river or traveling down it: these will prevent those heavy splashes (or just rain) from penetrating the bag and soaking your firearm. I would still put a few bags of desiccant (moisture remover) in their product if I was out for long periods in the rainy moist forest.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Yeah, that's what I was thinking would happen, I usually use a plastic pipe with those rubber caps that have pipe clamps. It works great but it's not very big and I imagine a bigger pipe would be even less comfortable. It floats great too.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson 1791
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

Sea-Line bags are made like this, you can fill them up and throw it in the river- it will stay dry.
    I use them in my canoe, in a rainforest in about the wettest conditions in Canada.
    They work.
    I'd love to have a bag like this but way too pricy.
    Plus, I buy stainless guns...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Costly, but great insurance for the better rifles if you are out canoeing etc.. Amazing how well they seal up and they can be deflated if you would rather stay under the water, lol.
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........