Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: S&j ar500 armor tell us what you want for next production run UPDATE FIRST POST

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Here is my rig

S&J 10x12 shooters cut W/ antispall
    Inside a Perroz Designs Slick PC
    All Canadian made including the carrier.
    The plates are in there so tight that I had to wrap them in wax paper and wrestle with each plate for about 10 minutes, to get them in the antispall made it quite hard to slide them into such a tight fitting carrier. I would probably have to cut them out of the carrier if I ever needed to remove them haha.

Rear

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Lol it's so tight it looks custom stitched.

Wow that looks really slick CraigNConnor! Thanks for sharing! Although now I want a set

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post
    Lol it's so tight it looks custom stitched.
    No kidding!
    When I first finished examining my purchase (the plates) which I was pretty happy with IMO they are very well made for what it is.
    I held the first plate up to the carrier and was like **** !! It's not going to fit. Than I tried to jam it in and still figured I had messed up and it was a no go but wrapping the sides in wax paper reduced the friction just enough I could fight them in.
    Lucky for me the carrier is tough as nails I was shocked I didn't rip it.
    But it's in there tight and for a slick style pc I couldn't ask for better.
    The only downside was i couldn't decide between this carrier or the crye precision JPC so I got both. But like I said switching armour out just isn't feasible so I may need a new set...
    Quality product Simon. Thank you for doing this for us Canucks.

When is the next plates ready for ordering ?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Here is my rig

S&J 10x12 shooters cut W/ antispall
    Inside a Perroz Designs Slick PC
    All Canadian made including the carrier.
    The plates are in there so tight that I had to wrap them in wax paper and wrestle with each plate for about 10 minutes, to get them in the antispall made it quite hard to slide them into such a tight fitting carrier. I would probably have to cut them out of the carrier if I ever needed to remove them haha.

Rear

very nice

Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    When is the next plates ready for ordering ?
    pre order with pre pay discounts on 10x12 shooters cut and 6x8 side plates now posted
    will be posting the options very shortly.
    Even with the steel being made in Canada, the raw cost has gone up by 14%, but we are trying to work around that by getting enough orders on top of our stock order to offset that for 5-10% ,we are going with the same price as the last run, with hopes we get enough orders to get the discount we need on the steel.

http://sjhardware.com/store/modules....&cPath=150_166

Wow I wasnt expecting those prices. Ar500armor.com is reasonably priced on their website, but really expensive here. Why is that? Cant the ar500armor.com armor be imported for significantly less expensive? Not trying to troll. Just wondering. Yes I understand there's is an exchange rate. And print needs to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
    Wow I wasnt expecting those prices. Ar500armor.com is reasonably priced on their website, but really expensive here. Why is that? Cant the ar500armor.com armor be imported for significantly less expensive? Not trying to troll. Just wondering. Yes I understand there's is an exchange rate. And print needs to be made.
    We have posted this many times on CGN in the last few months.
    The product that the company called AR500.com is not the same quality of product we offer.
    They offer basic flat steel all the way up to XL curved plates.
    1 ours are made 100% in canada those guys we found to be buying plate from mexico while saying made in the USA
    2 ours are 3/8 inch not 1/4 inch.
    This is not the US. Taxs are 4 times what they are in the US
    You can't export hard armour from the US as a civi.
    If you could the shipping would prob run around $60-80 us. For a set of plates.
    We run 100% quality control on our product and independent balistic lab test. As well as field tests and our own in house Eng P
    We are bringing this product to market at the very best price we are able, but as this is a safety product every step in making. Our plates are 100% quality controlled
    Hope that helps
    Go a search lots of post on this subject
    BBB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
    This is not Armor from ar500armor.com. AR500 is the hardness of the steel. Ar500armor.com has been found to be importin Mexican products that are not of quality, and the price tends to reflect that.

Simon of S&J is actually manufacturing true AR500 armour plates IN Canada with Canadian steel and applying the proper Anti-spall coatings.

My 10" Ar500 3/8" thick steel gong cost $80, so I cant imagine shaping and adding an anti-spall coating is going to decrease the cost.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA