Thread: 2015 Shot Show: FN USA

2015 Shot Show: FN USA

The big push of FN USA in the new year appears to the FN15 tactical and DMR model, as well as the SCAR-H sniper rig. When the FN15 first came out, they were more or less marketed as a budget line. Good that FN USA saw the error of its way, and start putting the CHF Minimi barrels in their current FN15 line. In fact, FN is now selling their CHF barrels directly, which IMHO is one of the best CHF barrels out there along with a few others. So we can all get FN CHF barrels from FN, instead of chasing after BCM or Noveske or other guys who contract FN for barrels. Nonetheless, they are still not very creative in barrel profiling. I don't understand why manufacturers are still making the nonsense government profile ( skinny behind gas block, big bob of barrel in front of gas block) and putting this profile under a 11" handguard with M-lok, where there is no chance of hanging the legacy M203.

Of course, when we talk about FN, the SCAR question is going to pop up. I talked to the person on the FN USA side who is in charge of the Canadian project. To sum it up, the intention is there to bring as much FN products to Canada as possible in the long run, but there are a few things need to be sorted out. My impression is that if anything happens, it will be years before any fruition will be seen. On the other hand, more FN pistol and FN 15 will show up for instant gratification in the mean time.

Finally, I didn't even see a single FS2000 on display. My feeling is that we won't ever see them again.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    I bought the FN15 when they first hit the market last year, i would love to get the FN CHF barrel as mine just came with the stock barrel. Any word on a price for just the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    I bought the FN15 when they first hit the market last year, i would love to get the FN CHF barrel as mine just came with the stock barrel. Any word on a price for just the barrel?
    Good luck on barrels or individual parts for the authorized Canadian single source distributor as they have not been good in the past with this sort of thing. We have had our first shipment of pistols FNS-40L and FNS-9L, SS slides over polymer frames with three mags ...$790. We expect to see more pistols, bolt action rifles and AR-15's in the near future so there is some effort in getting in the FNH products. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com