Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DA Slugs in a Benelli M4

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    The DA slugs were bought for my Tombstone and are a no go in my M4, they just dont cycle... JP.

When I bought mine, it wouldn't cycle S&B slugs at all. Next I bought 250rnds of federal 3" magnums. Now it will cycle anything

Thanks for the reports. I may buy them anyways and if they don't cycle I will fire them out of my supernova.

Nobody has ever said "I have too many slugs around"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by coldshot View Post
    I hope your taking the choke tube out when your firing slugs.
    ...why?! Even a full can shoot LEAD slugs just fine. Shooting loads out of a shotgun with bare threads is a super way to mess them up!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by white_knight View Post
    When I bought mine, it wouldn't cycle S&B slugs at all. Next I bought 250rnds of federal 3" magnums. Now it will cycle anything
    I am in the process of breaking mine in...my NEW Benelli M4 cycled Winchester AA #7.5 shot better then it did the S&B slugs...

So far all the buckshot I have put in it, Remington, Winchester and S&B has worked tho.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer coldshot's Avatar
    I was told by the dealer to take the choke tube out when firing slugs. He said it could damage the gun if I didn't, and it make sense since the slug cannot restrict like shot can, and certain slugs could damage it after repeated use.

Quote Originally Posted by coldshot View Post
    I was told by the dealer to take the choke tube out when firing slugs. He said it could damage the gun if I didn't, and it make sense since the slug cannot restrict like shot can, and certain slugs could damage it after repeated use.
    The dealer is mistaken and poorly informed in this case, running without the choke and bare threads exposed is not a good suggestion.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    The dealer is mistaken and poorly informed in this case, running without the choke and bare threads exposed is not a good suggestion.
    x 1,000,000...

Even a FULL choke is okay for slugs. Super full and any "custom" choke I wouldn't use a slug in...but I would replace said choke with a cylinder bore or SOMETHING, never shoot anything out of the gun with the bare threads exposed!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer coldshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    x 1,000,000...

Even a FULL choke is okay for slugs. Super full and any "custom" choke I wouldn't use a slug in...but I would replace said choke with a cylinder bore or SOMETHING, never shoot anything out of the gun with the bare threads exposed!!!
    You were right. I just got off the phone with Benelli USA and they said to fire it with the modified choke in, and that I should get an improved choke if I plan to use it soley for slugs. Just goes to show you what the dealer knows.

BANNED
    No doubt...I possibly would have held him on the line/for the repairs of my gun if I followed his advice after buying it from him!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast