Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ATRS Modern Hunter Updates January 25 2015

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sights View Post
    Question ATRS;

When a Modern Varminter is put to paper and eventually to the real product will owners of the MH be able to just buy the Varminter "upper" and plug and play? (also though I am late the game in even seeing or hearing about the MH, I am putting away my loonies and toonies wholeheartedly).
    Moogles covered this spot on.
    The differences between 223 and 308 as far as bolt, mag well and mag retention are just too different to make it work to our satisfaction.
    Going with some sort of magwell adapter would be a band aid cure and still does not solve the bolt dimension issue.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    The only way would require some kind of block, either a piece that bolts in, or a special upper that has some sort of magwell block designed in. The bright side of that is theoretically you don't need a new FRT for an upper. I don't have to make it work or have the slightest knowledge on how to do it, so it's purely theoretical
    This would also add considerable weight to a platform that many will be wanting to lighten up. Great idea in theory, but the downsides make a new platform much more ideal.

Price increase is a PIA, but I know its not your fault. I have been saving for a few month now to get on the preorder list. Almost there and boom price is up. (my mistake)
    Im still going to order though. Very thankful that you created this rifle for us Canadians. I have seen the quality of rifles you build.
    I Just need to decide on final specs I want. Might have to give you a call Rick, mainly trying to decide on the barrel. I want to know if the CF is really worth it or if the stainless will be enough for my needs. and to go light or medium contour.... decisions, decisions. I will be hunting with it so I want to keep it light, but will be shooting at targets way more often so I am tempted to go with a happy middle here aka medium contour. thoughts?

Also is the deposit still at 1500$ ?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    If you want to take it hunting, I'd suggest light contour. There's nothing that says you can't be very successful target shooting, you'll just have to resist that impulse to squeeze off 10 rounds in 10 seconds or else your barrel will heat up. For optimum accuracy you need to space your shots out on any rifle to avoid heating up the barrel.

The deposit is now 50% of your individual build's total cost. On a base model that's $1750.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkmo View Post
    Price increase is a PIA, but I know its not your fault. I have been saving for a few month now to get on the preorder list. Almost there and boom price is up. (my mistake)
    Im still going to order though. Very thankful that you created this rifle for us Canadians. I have seen the quality of rifles you build.
    I Just need to decide on final specs I want. Might have to give you a call Rick, mainly trying to decide on the barrel. I want to know if the CF is really worth it or if the stainless will be enough for my needs. and to go light or medium contour.... decisions, decisions. I will be hunting with it so I want to keep it light, but will be shooting at targets way more often so I am tempted to go with a happy middle here aka medium contour. thoughts?

Also is the deposit still at 1500$ ?

Ok sounds good. Back to saving. I do want a few upgrades.
    Thanks Shaun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123