Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HK SFP9 and HK products

Quote Originally Posted by dvgunner View Post
    How about the VP9? Same thing?
    I would purchase one in a heartbeat!!!
    The VP9 designation was given to pistols first released and sold in the USA. However, when it came time to a European debut of this pistol it was discovered that the name VP9 had been previously claimed by Brugger and Thomet's Veterinary Pistol 9.

The VP9 is the same pistol as the SFP9 (Striker Fired Pistol 9). I hope that H&k can accommodate the Canadian market with a 2 mm longer barrel ..
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 15567 View Post
    The VP9 designation was given to pistols first released and sold in the USA. However, when it came time to a European debut of this pistol it was discovered that the name VP9 had been previously claimed by Brugger and Thomet's Veterinary Pistol 9.

The VP9 is the same pistol as the SFP9 (Striker Fired Pistol 9). I hope that H&k can accommodate the Canadian market with a 2 mm longer barrel ..
    Good info, thanks. I believe the SFP9's have lighter slides, due to the fact that they're not rated for +p ammo(or so I've read). I also have read in this thread that it looks like we're only getting the threaded barrel here in Canada.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket an View Post
    Good info, thanks. I believe the SFP9's have lighter slides, due to the fact that they're not rated for +p ammo(or so I've read). I also have read in this thread that it looks like we're only getting the threaded barrel here in Canada.

RM
    The SFP9 should be able to handle 9mm +P as that is the standard round used by the German police (Ruag Action 4), and the HK SFP9 is slated to replace a few of the German Police Forrces firearms.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket an View Post

RM
    http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ...-overview.html

They go to great lengths to emphasize that it is guranteed to work safely with all NATO/SAAMI/CIP/TR ammo. I believe +P is classified under SAAMI, so I don't think it will be an issue. +P+? Maybe, but that stuff is rarer than hens teeth so I can't see anyone extensively running that stuff. On top nato ammo is usually hotter than standard pressure so it is almost equivalent +P unless I am mistaken. Long story short. I don't forsee any issues.

So any word on which dealers are taking pre orders?

will be a long wait I think
    Last edited by mileageman; 04-15-2015 at 07:30 AM.

I still want a full size HK USP 9 Variant 3 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    will be a long wait I think
    Not in line with what they claimed in february. Some more info would be much appreciated. along with which retailers are taking pre orders for the SFP9.

What's the latest on the HK PV9. Is there any reliable news about a Canadian Version with a 105 + mm barrel? My inquiry to the US distributor turned up some negative info. As they claim no Canadian version exists and none is in the works.

CGN Regular
    hk 243 any progress?
    I am pro cake.