Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HK SFP9 and HK products

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    Just get one from the USA if you can't wait.
    I'm pretty sure many people would have done this, myself included, if the factory barrel length exceeded 106mm. At this point, HK does not make a threaded barrel for this gun yet, so the alternative is an aftermarket barrel that exceeds 106mm. Irunguns were able to get their hands on some of aftermarket threaded barrels and install them on these pistols so they could sell to Canadian market. At this point, all civilian sfp9/vp9 in Canada have only these aftermarket threaded barrels, all sold through Irunguns. Not sure on the quality of said barrels but I'd prefer to have a factory HK barrel.

It's like comparing lone wolf Glock 19 barrel to a factory Glock 19 barrel.
    Homie take your bag?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    HK used to make 106+mm barrels for HK p2000.

Simple.

If HK starts making a 106 mm Canuckistani-legal barrel for the SFP9 then in all likelihood I will buy.

Otherwise, I will enjoy the "Pepsi" striker-fired equivalent that is legal here for legal gun owners.

OR

Perhaps, the NDP will give legal gun owners an additional 2 mm provision as an amendment to the "Common Sense Firearms Law" in gratitude of their election win should they form the next government ... cough ... spit ... spit ...
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    ^This. I hate those navy versions. Just make it 106mm.

Also if there is an HK plan for the Long Slide version, that would be fantastic.

I also want an SFP9 and this! ^^^^

Forget the Navy threaded baloney, just straight run of 106mm
    Click, Bang.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    I also want an SFP9 and this! ^^^^

Forget the Navy threaded baloney, just straight run of 106mm
    It seems the European makers don't bother with us anymore. Walther P99 had an excellent 106mm barrel, and the PPQ has the awful threaded monstrosity.

I have a VP9 with the aftermarket barrel that IRun Guns brought in.
    The pistol is outstanding. As I have HK disease, like many on the board, I wanted an original HK barrel.
    Well.....The aftermarket barrel is OUTSTANDING!!! 100% reliable and very, very accurate. It looks great with the extended threads.
    The finish on the barrel is very, very durable. I'm getting close to 800rds through it and there is no wear marks at all on this barrel!
    I will even dare to say that this aftermarket barrel is better than the original HK barrel, I'm thinking more accurate.

My only "beef", a minor one is that my trigger has a tiny about of creep before is breaks. When I tried the VP9's at the Shot Show, dry and live fire,
    none of them had this minor amount of creep. I think I just happened to get one that was a tiny, tiny bit off. That said, it is still an outstanding trigger
    for a polymer striker fired gun.

For those wondering, do not hesitate to get one from IRun Guns with an aftermarket barrel, you will be impressed.

Rich

By the way, I love extended threaded barrels, I think the "Canadian Legal Barrels" that extend just a bit past the end of the slide look ridiculous.

Rich

And...HK is going to make an extended threaded factory barrel. They will be done, it's just a matter of timing, never soon enough for us here in Canada!

Unknown to most on this form, nearly all of the European manufacturers, that are supplying Military and Police world-wide, produce extended threaded barrels for their handguns as a regular factory part.
    Civillians and North America just never see them and they are not in the regular company literature and promotions.

Rich

I dunno, looks not too terrible. Considering....

This example of a Walther with 106mm non threaded -

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ps841cca84.jpg
    Click, Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    I dunno, looks not too terrible. Considering....

This example of a Walther with 106mm non threaded -

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ps841cca84.jpg
    I would much prefer this , just having 4 mm of barrel protruding from the end of the slide. Instead of having a half inch of threaded barrel I'll never be able to use.
    CSSA , NFA , NRA MEMBER