Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian $

So will European guns be going down since our dollar is stronger the the euro? Gas prices are down that means shipping costs should be down for importers. Don't mean to jump on your guys but I'm tired of these posts saying prices are going up due to a weak dollar. I don't recall prices going down when Our dollars was 1.10 to the American. The dollar fluctuates if you want to sell things at a percentage above cost then Change your prices daily.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    If prices are too high a lot of people will just not buy....kinda like with gas prices, when the price is high a lot of people reduce their traveling to the basic needs. That trip across the province will become a weekend trip to the local lake.

Same with gun prices, theres a lot more at play when purchasing a new gun than just the exchange rate....consumer spending has a finite (measurable) limit.

Time will tell if a 20+% increase is more than that limit will allow...if it is, products will not sell and inventory will back up at both the retail and distributor levels. If this happens prices will drop to move the goods...there is a balance and from what I've been reading, the average family residual income is decreasing not increasing.
    Last edited by hawk-i; 01-28-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Good thing my salary is paid in USD! I am cashing in! Turned a 21000 dollar check into 25500!!
    That's a free modern hunter right there!
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

BANNED
    The market for used guns will heat up..and new purchases will drop off..

Special purchases may soften the blow but not planning any new members joining my crew this year unless the deal is too good to pass up..

I dont see purchasing slowing down much, us canadian pay too much all the time anyway, why would we stop now? Even for products made here, like BRP atv's and snowmobiles, they've always said "we charge what the market is willing to bare" and we have proven to be willing to pay more for decades now.
    The only way I see it slowing is if large numbers of guys actually lose jobs. The cuts going on right now are petty.

I find it funny that I took a 15% pay cut but prices may go up 25%. I am stocking up now before prices get any higher

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy View Post
    So will European guns be going down since our dollar is stronger the the euro? Gas prices are down that means shipping costs should be down for importers. Don't mean to jump on your guys but I'm tired of these posts saying prices are going up due to a weak dollar. I don't recall prices going down when Our dollars was 1.10 to the American. The dollar fluctuates if you want to sell things at a percentage above cost then Change your prices daily.
    Changing prices daily isn't an option. Prices may not have gone down when we were above par but for a few years they did not go up, even with US manufactors bumping prices by a few percentages every year. And, yes, some of our European items like anschutz are actually cheaper now than they were mid summer when we paid over 1.55 for a Euro...
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    The market for used guns will heat up..and new purchases will drop off..

Special purchases may soften the blow but not planning any new members joining my crew this year unless the deal is too good to pass up..
    I've been thinking the same thing.
    This is also true with ammo, been using less and less.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    I have also been shooting less as well. This year I really won't have much time so I'm will just continue to build up stock.
    Not because I can't but because I hate paying that kind of money for ammo.
    CSSA Member

I guess no new purchase for me in the next few months, or maybe years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast