Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian $

I bought up lots of ammo and made quite a few firearm purchases over the last couple months seeing where are dollar was heading. Wanted to buy in and stock up before prices on goods started to jump.
    CSSA , NFA , NRA MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beniw765 View Post
    I bought up lots of ammo and made quite a few firearm purchases over the last couple months seeing where are dollar was heading. Wanted to buy in and stock up before prices on goods started to jump.
    This... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Yeah...kind of numbs the urge to spend...or get revved-up about the prospect of overpaying because of our weak dollar. On the other hand, WestJet's airfare is rumored to be going down a little....and my mortgage is up for renewal next week. So, maybe I WILL get to "Go West" and shoot some gophers this year after all!

I'd love a Cooper HMR, but it sounds like Anschutz might be a better choice now. Who am I kidding~I think it's Savage time! lol Fun to window shop on Clay's site though. Too much of that put my first Cooper in the safe early last spring. Guess I timed that purchase well.

Companies like IRUNGUNS will be getting a bunch of business if the dollar keeps dropping. Especially when after shipping and the exchange rate an item may be cheaper (this is if Canadian companies raise prices buy 15-25%). Also group orders when an item is on sale in the USA will be more attractive now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tito_1985 View Post
    Companies like IRUNGUNS will be getting a bunch of business if the dollar keeps dropping. Especially when after shipping and the exchange rate an item may be cheaper (this is if Canadian companies raise prices buy 15-25%). Also group orders when an item is on sale in the USA will be more attractive now.
    What? With our weaker dollar, it will not make much of a difference for business like IRUNGUNS. A $1000USD rifle that used to cost $1100CAD will now cost $1300CAD if bought through IRUNGUNS.
    What?

GunNutz
    $1300 beats $1500 (or the new price of $1700).

As always - you have to do the math. Sometimes it's about availability and not price.

Surplus ammo should not go up by much. Powder and components will go up.

You have to pay to play...

What i was getting at is when Canadian retailers up the price of their stock to reflect the exchange rate difference. group orders or items on sale at irunguns will be cheaper even after conversion. Just might not be as available.

maybe not the place to talk about competitors??????

It's too bad that our Canadian dollar is slipping down. I was looking at adding 2 or 3 new guns to my collection this year... Now it looks like it might be only one, depending on what kind of deal I can find.
    I think canadian retailer will be taking a hit this year, or re-think their profit margins.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Its really to bad Canada doesn't have more of a manufacturing base as far as guns and related components goes....US companies have bought out Canadian companies and shut them down...Ha, all the usa would have to do to take over Canada is stop the supply for a year or so and then just drive right in and take over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast