Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meprolight Feedback

Replaced the worn out Trij on my Glock with Mepro, prefer them as they are bigger and brighter sights then the Trij.
    For the price, they are hard to beat when buying night sights.

I have a Meprolight M21 QD with bullseye reticle on my Keltec KSG shotgun. It co-witnesses perfectly with the Troy Industries battle sights I have on there as well. I have putt about 300 rounds through it, it works awesome! It holds zero, even after removal and re-installation. As others have noted if you are in a low light place looking out to somewhere bright, then the reticle washes out. I haven't tried the washout remover offered by another retailer, but looks interesting. I think Bullseye reticle works perfectly for a shotgun, the nice small center dot is perfect for slugs. I can hit 500ml water bottles easily at 25m with slugs. The larger circle is nice for shooting clays with target loads. Would I use it on a AR style rifle? Probably not, I like my aimpoints on my ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Hey Folks, we would like to hear from all you find folks who are using any Meprolight products, whether optics or irons and let us know what you think of them.

We are looking for honest feedback on their products. With Meprolight being fairly new to our market, it is good for folks to hears from those who are using them.
    Oh you could always send some my way Grumpy, I'll write as many reviews as you need as long as I get to keep one or two of them fine optics...

I have both the M21 and MX3 on top on my Tavor and am very happy with them.

CGN Regular
    Replaced on my glock 21, im very happy with them!

CGN Regular
    Just wondering if anyone has tried using the Meprolight 21 with an Eotech or Aimpoint 3x magnifier and mount?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R00k1E View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried using the Meprolight 21 with an Eotech or Aimpoint 3x magnifier and mount?
    I had one setup here with the M21 and a eotech magnifier and they work just fine.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I've got Meprolight night sights on my Jericho. I love em, but I wish they made a proper fiber optic set with a red front and green rear.

I've tinkered with a few M21's over the years. The early serial numbers had some brightness issues (hence the existence of the WOR) but the latest triangle unit I tried was substantially brighter out of the box.

The key thing with the M21's fiber optic illumination is that the shooter has to focus their eye on the target. It might seem obvious to regular red-dot users, but I've had inexperienced shooters report blurry or deformed reticles in the M21 because they're looking at the reticle.

As somebody who likes to play with night vision, I'm keen to try a MOR out. IR lasers are generally hard to find in Canada, so one integrated into an optic is a neat idea. But ideally they'd be a low power option. It's easy to think bigger is better with lasers, especially with infrared it's cool to get "govt grade" dazzlers, but beyond the potential for eye damage in higher powered unfiltered IR lasers, you also get crap to aim with. A 3 foot glowing ball might be great for flagging things for cool guys in airplanes, but it will completely obscure your IPSC target at 25 yards.

I put a set of adjustable Meprolight True dot night sights on my Sig 226. I love them.

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

I have a Meprolight 21 and a Eotech.
    I prefer the luminosity and the reticle of the EoTech and appreciate the fact that the meprolight don't need a battery.
    I'm considering to buy a second optic and I haven't decided yet between the two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast