Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backpacker problems

Quote Originally Posted by sashi View Post
    I was going to buy the 16ga. back packer with the 30" barrel about a week ago for $119. But I hummed and hawed as to if I really needed one. I checked again this weekend and they were down to $99, I thought it must be a sign so I ordered one. This is my first order from Canada Ammo I'm hoping for a good experience.
    Well I received my 16 gauge today, unfortunately all the parts did not fit. The barrel release would not latch the barrel to the action. The good news is after 3hrs of troubleshooting, filing, and polishing with emery cloth, everything fits up nicely now. I also epoxied the front sight in as it was very loose and tightened all loose screws. But since I was expecting quality control problems as experienced by others on this forum, all end satisfactorily. Overall I am very happy with what I received for $99. Honestly I did consider returning it,but half the fun with guns in this price range is fixing them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sashi View Post
    Well I received my 16 gauge today, unfortunately all the parts did not fit. The barrel release would not latch the barrel to the action. The good news is after 3hrs of troubleshooting, filing, and polishing with emery cloth, everything fits up nicely now. I also epoxied the front sight in as it was very loose and tightened all loose screws. But since I was expecting quality control problems as experienced by others on this forum, all end satisfactorily. Overall I am very happy with what I received for $99. Honestly I did consider returning it,but half the fun with guns in this price range is fixing them yourself.
    I took this shotgun to the range to test fire it, after about 30 rounds the forearm loosened to the point, that the barrel was starting to stick when trying to unlock unlock the action. Also the stock was starting the loosen. I re-tightened the screws on the forearm, this time with lock tight, and had to install another washer on the stock bolt to get it to tighten up. Overall I am still very happy with this gun.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntloukas View Post
    For $100 I would try to fix it myself, $100 lesson, or take the stock off sell it with a piece of 2x4 on EE as project gun. EE as it is should fetch $250 but ask $400
    But you need to make sure you put less then 20 rounds fired. That is the most important and common line on EE LOL I have never taken a gun to the range without shooting at least 2-3boxes. Never mind after owning it for 4 years.

I bought one years ago when they first came out, after five shots or so the forend came off, I taped it own with gaffers tape. No issue since. I call it "the stubby" and it gets fired a lot as a fungun.
    You can never have too much ammo, unless you are drowning, or on fire.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Bought one myself before Christmas . Still haven't figured out why I actually bought it. Maybe the cool factor lol. Little b****** kicks like a mule. Recoil pad is akin to a piece of cement but one can't expect much for the money. Had to retighten the buttstock after squeezing of six rounds of # 6 shot 2 and 3/4. Ouch lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Mine got more use with the 45 ACP adapter 10" then it did with 12GA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123