Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty viewing the new website? Possible solution found here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar

Difficulty viewing the new website

Google Chrome works like a dream . it is fast. surfing Canadaammo's website is a daily thing for me to see if anything is on sale and the new website put a damper on things . but as I said Google Chrome works great . if I was them I would tell the guy responsable for setting up thier website that he has more than likely cost them money in lost sales and go find another job . like cleaning out horse stalls . or go back to school and learn how to do your job properly. PERIOD .

it's not Canadaammo's fault it's the squid's fault who set up the website who is responsible for the problems.
    Last edited by cement head; 01-30-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add more

I used to check Can Am's website everyday too but not since the new website was launched. It displays well on my Android phone but not my desktop. I used to check out the Twitter feed as any late breaking specials seemed to be posted there first. Can't find the Twitter feed on the new site. I also have no intention of updating my browser to suite a website. That's ridiculous. Not many people like change, especially when it seems to be for the worse. Your site developer needs a shake. I also liked the fact that when ordering on-line with the old site, sales tax was calculated at 5% no matter what province you were from. The new site adjusts to the provincial tax of my home province. Which to me, means a price increase of 10% which puts a lot of your stock on par with local prices and no longer a deal.

BANNED
    Works okay on a laptop using Firefox here..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    My employer lets me surf on breaks. It uses Internet Explorer 9. If I didn't know there were good things on the site and based solely on first impressions, I'd ignore your business. To echo the others, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

On the other hand, the email with the .45ACP special hit my BlackBerry and I was able to browse happily through the offers. Hmmmm, which one do I like?
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I also have no intention of updating my browser to suite a website. That's ridiculous.
    Just as a side note, everyone regardless of what browser they use, should keep that browser updated. And when the vendor (Microsoft, Google etc) releases (not immediately, but soon after) a another major version you should upgrade. Why? Security. Web browsers are the number one vector for hackers. Visit a malicious website (which could be a legitimate site that was itself hacked) with an older browser because you don't like change and without even knowing it your computer is now part of a vast criminal bot net.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Here is using most current version of Firefox on my machine. What resolution did you design the website for? I am running my computer at 1366 x 768. As you can see I can't see the Current Special banner at the top

Same problem here. Firefox 35.0.1 (latest).

I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise, but since you're essentially looking for feedback and acknowledging problems, I have to say that the new site isn't very "graceful" to use.

CGN Regular
    Old site was much better, new site has too many pop ups and hover overs, you also can't print anything easy

CGN Regular
    Tax should be 5% for anyone outside of BC
    Since Canada Ammo is located in BC, they would charge GST+PST for residents of BC only.

This same issue was brought up with another vendor who was over charging for tax.

If Canada Ammo is charging you more then 5% and you are in Nova Scotia I would call them and report it as its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I used to check Can Am's website everyday too but not since the new website was launched. It displays well on my Android phone but not my desktop. I used to check out the Twitter feed as any late breaking specials seemed to be posted there first. Can't find the Twitter feed on the new site. I also have no intention of updating my browser to suite a website. That's ridiculous. Not many people like change, especially when it seems to be for the worse. Your site developer needs a shake. I also liked the fact that when ordering on-line with the old site, sales tax was calculated at 5% no matter what province you were from. The new site adjusts to the provincial tax of my home province. Which to me, means a price increase of 10% which puts a lot of your stock on par with local prices and no longer a deal.
    Last edited by Sharked; 01-30-2015 at 01:14 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Zedbra's Avatar
    ^ The HST was abolished in BC 2 years ago. But, we do have a PST on most things.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    We have discovered that most of the people who are experiencing difficulty viewing the new website are using old versions of Internet Explorer. All that is required is an update to the browser. The new website has been tested and is backward compatible as far as for example Internet Explorer 8 as well as all versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and other up to date browsers.
    I'm using Internet Explorer 9 and the new website is not compatible. Still works great on Android though.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast