Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Difficulty viewing the new website? Possible solution found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
    If you are revamping the site a bit, may I please suggest that the "Show In Stock Items Only" applies to the entire time on the site rather than every category I open?
    I am setting the show in stock only as the default for every page.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I did not think I would be posting another comment?? But I just placed another order and the site would not let me change my payment info to another card and the order when confirmed by e-mail did not specify the colour I wanted????? And of course I could not print out my original order as placed????? Combined with those , it seems like getting worse pop ups!! This site is so bad I just don't have the words...............
    I understand your concerns, that sound very frustrating. I will bring this up at my meeting on Monday. Our website is not causing the pop-ups, that is originating from something else in your computer. Mal-ware perhaps.
    Canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    I bought a lot of stuff from Canada Ammo. Firesarms, ammo and accessories.
    I used to browse it daily. Now I don't bother as I can't see it on me home pc which is where I do most of my shopping.
    I can see it on my Note 3, but I'm not into staring at phone for an evening.
    What OS and browser are you running? What resolution is your monitor?
    Canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Generally speaking, if a website is programmed so that everything is displayed properly within Internet Explorer, it is almost guaranteed it will work in most other browsers. A number of my friends have taken programming in college and this is the #1 lesson they are taught. If it is also programmed so that it can determine the browser or device type prior to full connection to the user, it can direct them to the proper layout (m.canadaammo.com vs canadaammo.com etc)
    This is my line of thinking and I will be presenting this idea at the meeting with the developers.
    Canadaammo.com

I'm not sure how programming works... but you know how when you access the CGN Forum for example, the webpage knows what is new since your last visit... any way to have a button that you can click that would show any new items that have been added since my last visit? Just thought it might be a cool feature
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    I appreciate your opinion.

If you would provide some specifics, perhaps there is something I can address. This is a work in progress and I did not expect to please everyone immediately.

Thanks
    Let me put it this way, the ONLY way I can see the whole site is at maximum res; my screens are native 2560x1440. Basically you can play a Blu-Ray super wide angle in the bottom half of the monitor. Most screens are 1080 or less.

The flash on the site is poorly optimized as well; images are already at "full res" and are incredibly small.

The worst of all... everything I want is out of stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    What OS and browser are you running? What resolution is your monitor?
    You know, I don't know. I'm a computer idiot. Its a 3 year old Dell PC.
    The computer at work is windows 7, I think. Can't see your site there either. I should say that I can see the first page most of the time. Clicking on anything brings my viewing to an abrupt end.
    I can see every other site here on CGN though.

When you speak with the dev team see if they can set the tables and or the css to 100% width values. This will better conform to the various browser resolutions. As others have stated this looks like a more mobile friendly template, perhaps Wordpress?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharked View Post
    I agree, no need to make work with IE7, but it should be fixed to work normally with IE9-10 and Firefox and Chrome

Looks like they tried to switch to responsive layout which works well for tablets and phones but has the downside of not working well on computers.

Simple fix is to make it so it displays the normal site for people using computers and the new layout for people using phones or tablets.

There is way to many pop ups and hover overs

Also could just be me, but I find the new site almost too big, the images and text/fonts are huge and its overwhelming, when trying to view the site
    Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Generally speaking, if a website is programmed so that everything is displayed properly within Internet Explorer, it is almost guaranteed it will work in most other browsers. A number of my friends have taken programming in college and this is the #1 lesson they are taught. If it is also programmed so that it can determine the browser or device type prior to full connection to the user, it can direct them to the proper layout (m.canadaammo.com vs canadaammo.com etc)
    To both of the above posts user agent sniffing is a horrible design practice. It leads to far more trouble than it is worth and annoys the hell out of people using certain set ups.

Though I do agree with Sharked i also find things over sized and alot of scrolling and the such

Just checked out the site and it now displays correctly. I didn't change any of my settings, so it must be something tweaked backstage on your side. I must say the photos in the "Specials" are really nice and crisp looking too

Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM