Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranges in Winnipeg

Ranges in Winnipeg

Hey everyone.

Looking for a good place in Winnipeg to become a range member. I am new to the sport and am looking at buying my first restricted firearm and will need to find a good range to become a member of.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!

For indoor ranges in Winnipeg you have Firing Line in St. Boniface or Xtreme Shooting Center in Transcona. Just outside the city you have the Winnipeg Pistol and Revolver Association which lists both indoor and outdoor ranges on the website. Selkirk Game & Fish is a much cheaper outdoor only option in Selkirk. I'm in the same boat just waiting for my rpal to be approved before I join Xtreme.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Xtreme is a full service range that might be the best option for a new guy. Firing line, IMO, is a better facility, but it is self serve and has limited amenities - no store front, no rentals, etc... Though Sheldon is both a 'smith and deals in used handguns, reloaded ammo (he's licensed), reloading components and such.

I'm at Firing Line and Selkirk.

I'm open to taking guests in to Firing Line, if they want to check it out. $10 fee to shoot. Don't do anything that'll get me in trouble - unless you're a hot girl

I was completely unaware of the Firing Line.
    It shall be a toss up between them and the Selkirk range seeing as one is close to work and one close to home.

Many thanks for this information!
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

The WRPA has a limited membership and a stack of applications.
    I went out and talked to someone and it looks like you have to wait until someone dies to get a chance to have your app come up.
    I'm at Xtreme. I'll take someone out, you pay the $25 guest fee. I think it's $90 rental +ammo if you're not a member.
    Join the NFA and I'll pay the $25.
    You can shoot shotguns and .223 at xtreme too.
    Last edited by Paatz; 01-30-2015 at 01:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    I was completely unaware of the Firing Line.
    It shall be a toss up between them and the Selkirk range seeing as one is close to work and one close to home.

Many thanks for this information!
    If you just want to check them out, thursdays around 6:45pm and on are club nights, where they take memberships and you can talk to the club prez n such. If you'd like to shoot, drop me a PM sometime. Most weeknights are good, other than wednesday (IPSC league).

Pistol calibres up to 44magnum/45Colt in either handgun or carbine. No shotguns, no .223 - I don't see the fun in rifles at 25 yards anyway, which is why I'm at Selkirk.

Selkirk at $65 for a rifle range only membership is cheap. Add $45 more for handgun privileges.

I am a member at Selkirk but have never been out in the "winter" time...what's it like? tramped down and useable?...what are the distences available for the other WPG indoor ranges?...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paatz View Post
    I'm at Xtreme. I'll take someone out, you pay the $25 guest fee. I think it's $90 rental +ammo if you're not a member.
    Join the NFA and I'll pay the $25.
    You can shoot shotguns and .223 at xtreme too.
    Wish I would have started this a while back, I've wanted to go to Xtreme to do some rentals prior to purchasing but haven't been able to find a day with the only member I know there. Given the likelihood of price increases I finally gave in and made my first purchases yesterday with only the knowledge of what they felt like handling and dry firing a few of my choices. Now just waiting for the rpal to finalize the transaction but at least the price is locked in on them. I also want to check out Firing Line but so far Thursday nights haven't worked for my shift schedule.

I thought Xtreme was $15 for a guest? or are you referring to the $25 rental fee?

I thought it was $25 for a member's guest, but I could be wrong.
    I've taken my wife only once and I thought that's what I paid.
    I didn't rent anything.

Extreme is 15.00 plus tax for guest of a member I would also be open to taking new shooter's as my guest you pay fee's and your ammo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast