Challenger Slugs, 00 Buck and Target Loads at AmmoSupply.ca

We just got a new shipment in! Head over to AmmoSupply.ca to pick up:

• Challenger 12ga 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz slugs
    • Challenger 12ga 2 3/4" 00 Buckshot
    • Challenger 12ga Target Loads
    • Challenger 20ga Slugs
    • Challenger 20ga 7/8oz Target Loads
    • Challenger 410ga Target Loads

Challenger are famous for their target loads! Pick up a flat of 12ga target loads for $74.99 each.

Challenger also have possibly the best bear defense slug on the market. A completely solid slug, this is frequently requested by wildlife defense professionals.

Is this target load case price the regular or special? I think I am making my way (finally) to Calgary in about 2 weeks and would love to pick up 2 flats
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    We just got a new shipment in! Head over to AmmoSupply.ca to pick up:

• Challenger 12ga 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz slugs
    • Challenger 12ga 2 3/4" 00 Buckshot
    • Challenger 12ga Target Loads
    • Challenger 20ga Slugs
    • Challenger 20ga 7/8oz Target Loads
    • Challenger 410ga Target Loads

Challenger are famous for their target loads! Pick up a flat of 12ga target loads for $74.99 each.

Challenger also have possibly the best bear defense slug on the market. A completely solid slug, this is frequently requested by wildlife defense professionals.
    I was unaware of of the Challengers slugs' rep as a serious defence round. I'll research it a bit more, and maybe order a few boxes tomorrow

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Is this target load case price the regular or special? I think I am making my way (finally) to Calgary in about 2 weeks and would love to pick up 2 flats
    It's a regular price! We may have to raise the price later in the year if the US dollar continues on its path but for now it's set

BANNED
    Tagged for interest

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    It's a regular price! We may have to raise the price later in the year if the US dollar continues on its path but for now it's set
    Isn't Challenger a Canadian company based in Quebec which would make them immune to the difference in the dollar?

or do they sell into the market is USD??

Quote Originally Posted by galamb View Post
    Isn't Challenger a Canadian company based in Quebec which would make them immune to the difference in the dollar?

I'm sure components they use to manufacture are bought down below the 49th
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galamb View Post

As DiMP says, although they're Canadian, they buy components that are either from the US or that use raw materials sourced in the US. Ultimately, the US dollar will affect everyone directly or indirectly. Thankfully, Challenger was able to hold off on any price rises at our time of ordering, but they can't make guarantees for the rest of the year.

We actually decided to reduce our prices on target loads from our 2014 pricing, which will come as a relief to everyone as all the other prices increase!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer49 View Post
    I was unaware of of the Challengers slugs' rep as a serious defence round. I'll research it a bit more, and maybe order a few boxes tomorrow
    One of our customers passed some of Challenger's slugs on to a guide for a black bear hunt in Alberta, and here were the results:

1) Black bear wounded by client. When the bear was tracked it turned and charged and was shot by guide at 12 yards with Maverick shot gun and 12 guage Challenger 1.125oz slug. Bear stopped and died where it was shot.

2) Black bear wounded by client. When the bear was tracked it turned and charged, and was shot by guide at 8 yards with Maverick shot gun and 12 guage Challenger 1.125oz slug. Bear stopped and died where it was shot.

Guide was impressed that the charge stopped, that the bear then died right there, that the slug penetrated so well, and that the slugs when dug out of the bear were still one piece, and in good shape.

CGN frequent flyer
    PM'd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast