Any retailer tends to eventually get flack - sometimes deserved, often not warranted. I recently had a superb experience dealing with Ellwood Epps in Orillia.

I purchased a couple of shell plates for my Hornady LnL AP press recently, the part numbers listed on the Epps website were exactly the ones I was looking for. But when I received them, I found that the part numbers listed were incorrect, the plates were for the previous version LnL AP press (mine is the newer version, since 2009, with the EZJect system - the older plates won't work in anything but the older presses).

My first fear was "Here we go". I'm happy to report that the support from Epps was nothing short of excellent, it was if they felt my pain and made the whole process quite worry-free.

Upon reporting the issue to Kevin at Ellwood Epps, per his instructions I repacked the items, dropped them off at the post office, and within 48 hours I not only got a credit for the plates, the tax and the original shipping costs from Oriliia to my home, but also a credit for my return shipping expense.

Way to go, Kevin and Ellwood Epps - you've earned multiple "Attaboys" and a loyal customer! By the way, I made a suggestion that Epps should note the plates won't work on EZJect press versions, and I see they've done just that on the plates re-listed on their website.

Couldn't be happier!

OldNewGuy