Thread: Shipping via canada post?

Shipping via canada post?

Hello all, I'm new to CGN and am about to conduct my first transaction in the EE section. I was wondering what the general rule is for shipping live ammo (even vintage stuff) via Canada post. I've looked into the canada post regs and found them a little unclear. On the same note is it possible to ship firearms via canada post? I'm not sure if I've posted this in the wrong spot, but I was just hoping for a little guidance from those more experienced. Thanks for any input.

Ammo is a nono, firearms are fine with signiture option, secure locking device, etc

Firearms = Good to go.
    Ammo = No go. (http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/ma...-e.asp#1389620)

For ammo use Canpar. Be warned, shipping ammo isn't cheap.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Shipping ammo by courier is probably the single biggest deal killer in the Ammo and Reloading EE. Most is FTF, i think the minimum courier charge is about $40, so divide that up against the retail cost of what you are shipping and the cost off the EE is often higher.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Thanks a lot for the quick responses.