Thread: Thank you for an amazing deal and great service.

Thank you for an amazing deal and great service.

The customer service I received from TradeEx was amazing.

I had been looking for a hunting rifle in .260 or 6.5X55 for a while, but wanted to do it on a budget. They had a sporterized Swedish Mauser. The bolt has been bent and ground to clear the scope, a nice walnut stock with sharp checkering added, the safety changed (and the back of the bolt ground) and the trigger is really good. Might even be a new barrel (no step down)? The bluing and rifling are pristine. The bolt matches the receiver so action is smooth. Extractor and bolt release have been jewelled. Floor plate doesn't match, but that doesn't really affect anything. I might replace the butt pad. Came with a scope, rings and sling swivels. Some one put some effort into this one so I was surprised at the price.

Responses to emails were the same day. Extra pictures came that showed amazing detail. Order was placed and tracking number sent the same day hours after I called to pay the shipping.

I work out in the BC bush without cell service so the time change worked to my advantage to call and pay the shipping and only 5% tax was nice.

Thanks for a smooth transaction,

Scott.
    Last edited by Scott Bear; 02-03-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    ...and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold.

Hi Scott, do you mind telling me what you paid for the package? I'm looking for something similar as my first rifle.

Cheers,
    Michael

It was $400, $20 tax and $25 flat rate shipping. $445 all in.

Not sure about the quality of the scope. It's called a "MEGA SCOPE". Might be some Chinese knock-off, but if it functions it's good enough.

I'm partial to Browning, Savage and CZ hunting rifles. I like the controlled round feed (CRF) of the M98 action like the CZ, but even the new Winchester Model 70 made by FN (M98 action) and Tikkas don't compare to the slick action of the Browning. If they made a Savage 14 American Classic stainless (with a fluted barrel) in .260 I would not hesitate to buy it. I have a Savage Model 10 (LE version) in .308 and I can get all shots toughing at 100 yards. It's a coated finish and a composite stock, but I think Savage is a great value for the money. A Browning X-bolt in .260 would be a dream come true. The 6.5mm chamberings seem really rare. I really like short actions so the .260 is a nice choice for the 6.5mm. These rifles are close to $1,000 without a scope so I can't complain.

Once upon a time Savage had a package deal with a stainless rifle (composite stock) and a scope in .260 for about $600. Haven't seen one for a while and I'm more partial to wood for a hunting rifle.

The M96 Swedish Mauser cocks on closing (like a Lee Enfield, unlike the Mauser 98) so the bolt is a little tight when closing, but a small inconvenience for the price I paid.
    ...and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold.