Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Island Armoury 10/22 barrelled action?

We have just complete units in stock, they have been good for us, no more problems than a real 10-22.....
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

So you are not able to get the barrelled actions?
    NFA member

BANNED
    Out of the MILLIONS of Ruger 10/22 out there, I know for a fact they are all not #### or it would not b one of the top selling firearms, ever.

What ammo are you running it in? Most semi .22s have ammo they will NOT run with. Do you clean it after heavy use as .22LR is dirty. Did you break it in? There are a few cheap parts you can add to them to make them run better. I have had 5, all worked great after being broken in with a brick of ammo and cleaned/lubed. If I bought a new one that wasn't working, I'd get it exchanged (something that I am not sure would be as easy to do with a firearm made outside of North America). There is a reason that Ruger sold 1 million firearms in 365 days a few years ago!!!

i can go all day with my Ruger, no problems what so ever, may be I'm lucky and i got a good one right off that bat...idk...
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

CGN Regular
    I have a sr22 that runs almost anything.

I also have a RIA that will run everything as long as its in the 10 round butler creek mag supplied with the gun, it doesn't like my 25 rounders in "smoke" color for some reason, even though the sr22 doesnt care.

The RIA is significantly less accurate than the sr22. It also wouldn't accept a 10/22 scope rail with modifying the rail. The RIA has different thread screws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    Why...why get this over a RUGER 10/22?!
    -Price:199$
    -Metal trigger group housing
    -Better QC

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    I have a sr22 that runs almost anything.

I also have a RIA that will run everything as long as its in the 10 round butler creek mag supplied with the gun, it doesn't like my 25 rounders in "smoke" color for some reason, even though the sr22 doesnt care.

The RIA is significantly less accurate than the sr22.
    I have a Ruger 10/22 takedown that will only feed after market mags not factory Ruger mags... a Ruger 50 aniversary that feeds most ok... and a RIA that will eat anything with any mag including Archangel and is as acurate as Ruger or better...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

CGN Regular
    I got my complete rifle for $149. How can you go wrong?

BANNED
    Does a metal trigger guard REALLY matter? Are you dropping down hard to shoot from prone or resting it on roof ledges? Rugers own test videos show that along with being lighter, the plastic trigger guard IS stronger. Have you ever personally seen ANY broken trigger guards? Be it plastic or metal?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    Does a metal trigger guard REALLY matter? Are you dropping down hard to shoot from prone or resting it on roof ledges? Rugers own test videos show that along with being lighter, the plastic trigger guard IS stronger. Have you ever personally seen ANY broken trigger guards? Be it plastic or metal?
    If a drop a marshmallow trigger housing on the floor with this test machine it does not break.
    If a drop an aluminum trigger housing on the floor with this test machine it does break.

Conclusion, a marshmallow trigger housing is STRONGER than an aluminum one.

Did you see the test video ? Its saturated with BS. Only reason they changed it is to save money. Not because its better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast