Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: April 6 2015 Update on AT15 mags important notice

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

April 6 2015 Update on AT15 mags important notice

Our AT15 10 round mags came in last week. A few hundred have been shipped and we have since discovered a problem.
    Some of them were made in a mold that is not dimensionally correct, which means the mags are not within spec.

We are asking those who have received the out of spec mags to please contact us so we can correct the problem by replacing them.
    We are going through all the mags we still have in stock to make 110% certain that the mags are up to our standards.

At this time we will NOT be selling or shipping any mags.

For those in the Red Deer area I have arranged with Derek at Red Deer Shooting Center to take in the old mags and once replacements are available they can then be picked up there.
    Please email us a copy of your invoice with a note that the mags were dropped at RDSC so we can cover them.
    We are trying to keep this as painless for all as possible.

There are NO safety or legal concerns in any way, simply the mags fit much looser in the mag well and do not feed as well as they should.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our clients, but we are working hard to ensure no-one is left out of pocket, but us.

We are anticipating 6 to 8 weeks until we have replacement mags made and are ready to ship.

PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY AT THE SHOP IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS .
    PMS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Replacement mags came in April 2nd. We will be shipping mags to those who have returned the out of spec 1s this week.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 04-06-2015 at 02:12 PM. Reason: updated content
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

What's the dimension for the bad batch of mags? It's difficult to determine if we got a bad one based on how loose it is in the mag well since every rifle is different.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    What's the dimension for the bad batch of mags? It's difficult to determine if we got a bad one based on how loose it is in the mag well since every rifle is different.
    .050 which is not a big number but enough that the mags will slop around terribly in the lower.
    Make no mistake, if you got the wrong mag it will be VERY apparent.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I did noticed side to side wiggle with the mag I tried last night, I will try them all later.

CGN Regular
    Just ordered 4 of them 2 days ago, but very glad to hear the extent you are going to, to ensure quality control and a good product. I think it speaks volumes about the way you do business. Many could learn from you. That's the kind of service I'll wait for.

Did not purchase any but awesome customer support you are providing!

I applaud your businesses actions.

CGN Regular
    My Wife received a personal call today to let me know there would be a delay in shipping my order. Very impressed with the service!

I just had 6 sent to Red Deer yesterday......but am now at work in Scotland for the next 3 weeks.
    I grabbed them from the post office, and then took off for the airport.
    So I'll check them when I get home.
    Thanks for the heads up!!
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
    - Unknown
    NFA Member

Some of them are out of spec? Does that mean some are also fine? What's the easiest way to tell if the one's I received are out of spec? Or should I just contact you regardless? I just picked up my order of 8 from the post office yesterday. Loaded them up with ammo to try, but haven't fit them in a gun yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy 9mm View Post
    Some of them are out of spec? Does that mean some are also fine? What's the easiest way to tell if the one's I received are out of spec? Or should I just contact you regardless? I just picked up my order of 8 from the post office yesterday. Loaded them up with ammo to try, but haven't fit them in a gun yet.
    Stick the magazine in the magwell, if it wiggles form side to side more than other brands of mags than it is out of spec.

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast