Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: April 6 2015 Update on AT15 mags important notice

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Dave
    Lets be honest here, the reason YOU decided to post on an open forum was to try and lever or pressure us into giving in to your demands. Nothing more.
    We have tried to be as reasonable as possible with you on the numerous phone conversations to date.

When we shipped the original mags to you with the address info YOU provided they got to you strictly because the postie had other mail for you and delivered all with your name on it. We reprinted the exact same shipping label that was used for the 1st mags, that I told you to keep at no charge but it seems you failed to mention that detail, to ship the replacements. It was at that point that Canada Post informed us that the address YOU supplied was incomplete as it did not have your apartment number on it. We did NOT lose or forget this info as you are claiming, it was NOT provided initially, we have the records to support this. In all the years of shipping many thousands of packages out, YOURS is the first where this has occurred as we are very conscientious when it comes to precise shipping info.

IF you had opted to try and work with us rather than trying to try and pressure us by posting your displeasure on the internet we probably could have resolved this more favorably for you.
    As it stands now we are adding you to our Robert F file, for people we do not want to do business with again.
    Please call us with your credit card info and we will refund the original purchase price to you.
    You can still keep the 2 original mags.
    Yes I definitely wanted to put pressure on you to do the right thing. If you don't want to that's your call. "Keeping" your old mags means nothing to me, they don't work, and you guys said it would cost more to ship them back then it's worth. It was you guys that told me to keep the old non functioning mags, it was not my suggestion. I gave you guys my unit # when I called my order in, how you don't have it now is your problem, not mine.

When I called in about replacement mags I offered to make you a new mold set, that is the type of work my company does. But I think now you've given me the appropriate motivation to do just that, cheers!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDave View Post
    Yes I definitely wanted to put pressure on you to do the right thing. If you don't want to that's your call. "Keeping" your old mags means nothing to me, they don't work, and you guys said it would cost more to ship them back then it's worth. It was you guys that told me to keep the old non functioning mags, it was not my suggestion. I gave you guys my unit # when I called my order in, how you don't have it now is your problem, not mine.

When I called in about replacement mags I offered to make you a new mold set, that is the type of work my company does. But I think now you've given me the appropriate motivation to do just that, cheers!
    Not wanting to accept that there is a problem is just "SO NOT US" as our threads seem to clearly illustrate.
    Going onto the interweb to try and get someone to "do the right thing" after numerous conversations just does not work, at least for me.

I don't recall the offer to make us molds but with 3 others here that all take calls and have all spoken with you at some point in this affair, I may have not been privy to that very conversation, although I suspect that ALL of my guys would have mentioned that someone was offering to make 60 or 70 THOUSAND dollars worth of molds for us in order to help us correct the initial problem.

IF you want to set up as a magazine manufacturer, please feel free to, then you too can share in the headaches.
    Meanwhile please call us with credit card info so we can refund your money.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    My thought would be get em while you can and worry about "what IF" if it happens.
    For what it is worth the XRC M pistol mags work the best in our MH, we are scrambling trying to get more so we can ship guns complete.
    Did you guys get your order of imi mags in yet? I wouldn't mind picking some up before supply dwindles

Not wanting to accept that there is a problem is just "SO NOT US" as our threads seem to clearly illustrate.
    Going onto the interweb to try and get someone to "do the right thing" after numerous conversations just does not work, at least for me.

I don't recall the offer to make us molds but with 3 others here that all take calls and have all spoken with you at some point in this affair, I may have not been privy to that very conversation, although I suspect that ALL of my guys would have mentioned that someone was offering to make 60 or 70 THOUSAND dollars worth of molds for us in order to help us correct the initial problem.

IF you want to set up as a magazine manufacturer, please feel free to, then you too can share in the headaches.
    Meanwhile please call us with credit card info so we can refund your money.
    The guy I talked to about making molds was Dustin, he said you guys already had it covered, so I left it at that.

Even a double cavity mold set for the bodies, and a separate multi cavity mold set for the base and spring followers would be quite a bit less then 60k. These are simple molds, that only need one simple slide for the bodies, and another slide or lifters for the bases. No PT cores or curved and cam'd slides like you need on 30rd mags.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Did you guys get your order of imi mags in yet? I wouldn't mind picking some up before supply dwindles
    Yes we did. However they do not feed from our MH flawlessly unless the mag is supported. We are looking at ways to solve this.
    At the moment the mags that work the very best in our MH are the XCR-M pistol mags.
    The 5 round version works perfectly when loaded to just 4 rounds due to the crimps in the mag body that act as capacity limiters.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Yes we did. However they do not feed from our MH flawlessly unless the mag is supported. We are looking at ways to solve this.
    At the moment the mags that work the very best in our MH are the XCR-M pistol mags.
    The 5 round version works perfectly when loaded to just 4 rounds due to the crimps in the mag body that act as capacity limiters.
    Interesting... well its awesome you guys are so honest and upfront with your issues! Hope you can figure it out

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    tried the two I bought out tonight and they didn't really cooperate for me with Norinco ammo, I should have brought another brand of ammo to test em with too, The rounds would get pushed forward and hit just below the feeding ramp, If I pushed the mag forward from the back side it would lift it just enough so they would cycle, I know the norc ammo has a tenancy to do this with other 10 round pistol mags as well. I'll try some American Eagle out sometime this week too

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    tried the two I bought out tonight and they didn't really cooperate for me with Norinco ammo, I should have brought another brand of ammo to test em with too, The rounds would get pushed forward and hit just below the feeding ramp, If I pushed the mag forward from the back side it would lift it just enough so they would cycle, I know the norc ammo has a tenancy to do this with other 10 round pistol mags as well. I'll try some American Eagle out sometime this week too
    Excellent photo, if you take the upper and lower apart, you'll likely see that where the barrel extension fits into the upper receiver there is grooves that are intended to line up with your barrel extensions feed ramps and I can see on your picture and I've highlighted. You'll feel a noticeable bump there and you can see that's where you're getting a build up of copper from bullet tips jamming underneath the barrel extension. If you are comfortable/confident doing so, and have a dremel with a polishing bit you can polish your feed ramps (on the barrel extension) to improve the feeding from all magazines and reduce this catch point.

It's very common in a lot of AR15's, and as the feed ramps are a mass produced part, the tolerances aren't always exactly the same from one to another. If you're local and want to swing by with your upper I can show you what I'm talking about.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Excellent photo, if you take the upper and lower apart, you'll likely see that where the barrel extension fits into the upper receiver there is grooves that are intended to line up with your barrel extensions feed ramps and I can see on your picture and I've highlighted. You'll feel a noticeable bump there and you can see that's where you're getting a build up of copper from bullet tips jamming underneath the barrel extension. If you are comfortable/confident doing so, and have a dremel with a polishing bit you can polish your feed ramps (on the barrel extension) to improve the feeding from all magazines and reduce this catch point.

It's very common in a lot of AR15's, and as the feed ramps are a mass produced part, the tolerances aren't always exactly the same from one to another. If you're local and want to swing by with your upper I can show you what I'm talking about.

I find it unlikely that its the firearms causing this. I experienced the exact same issue on a DDM4 and an NEA rifle with the ATRS mags, while both rifles fed reliably from every other mag tested. Ammo used was exclusively Norinco stuff, so that could be a source as well. I could be wrong, of course, and ATRS has been offering excellent customer support, so have no fears. Im sure they will do all they can to make it right for ya.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Tried it tonight again again with another AR and american eagle ammo and some of my reloads, It happened with both guns but only when the mag is full, I've had this problem with some LAR mags as well, I don't want to toot my own horn by Iam pretty much a pro with a dremel and plan to take the approach suggested above. and believe it or not the photo is from an Iphone 4s.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer