Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Food

I really wanted to try the $20 trial pack but over $15 shipping on a $20 item is a bit too steep for me.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmin View Post
    I really wanted to try the $20 trial pack but over $15 shipping on a $20 item is a bit too steep for me.
    PM me with your postal code and we'll see what we can do! Our shipping calc only checks Canpar, but for non ammo items, we can ship Canada Post.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    PM me with your postal code and we'll see what we can do! Our shipping calc only checks Canpar, but for non ammo items, we can ship Canada Post.
    PM sent, thank you Kate.

I wish some company would come up with a sample pack that would include one of everything.
    Would be nice to try before you buy bulk.

BANNED
    Do people here in Canada buy this for camping/hunting convenience or do we actually have paranoid bunker dwelling preppers North of the border too?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunwithit View Post
    Do people here in Canada buy this for camping/hunting convenience or do we actually have paranoid bunker dwelling preppers North of the border too?
    Hahaha! You'll find the answer is yes to both of the above. BUT with the caveat that there's somewhere in the middle too. The Canadian government *does* recommend that all Canadians keep 72 hours of emergency food/water etc. We do have earthquakes, floods and other potential emergencies.

A couple of years ago in Calgary people were queuing up at the supermarkets to buy emergency provisions - bottled water, canned food. It's nice not to have to be one of those people.

I didn't realize that you sold these products. I'll have to compare prices/brands to my regular spots.

Thanks!
    Educate yourself, then educate those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunwithit View Post
    Unfortunately it is this perception, perpetrated by crap shows like NatGeo Doomsday Preppers, that make it unfashionable or 'paranoid' to be prepared for emergencies.

You should ask people from Slave Lake or High River if they would have rather had supplies ready to throw into the back of their truck on a moment's notice, so that they could be independent for a few days or a week. Maybe some of them enjoyed sleeping and eating in the emergency centers set up in school gymnasiums with cots a few feet apart.

People who lose their jobs would probably also be happier having some "stockpiled" groceries and toiletries so that their EI payments can focus on mortgage and car payments instead of day-to-day expenses.

Just a thought.
    Educate yourself, then educate those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangphool View Post
    Unfortunately it is this perception, perpetrated by crap shows like NatGeo Doomsday Preppers, that make it unfashionable or 'paranoid' to be prepared for emergencies.

You should ask people from Slave Lake or High River if they would have rather had supplies ready to throw into the back of their truck on a moment's notice, so that they could be independent for a few days or a week. Maybe some of them enjoyed sleeping and eating in the emergency centers set up in school gymnasiums with cots a few feet apart.

People who lose their jobs would probably also be happier having some "stockpiled" groceries and toiletries so that their EI payments can focus on mortgage and car payments instead of day-to-day expenses.

Just a thought.
    Very well said AmmoSupply Kate and Dangphool. Being prepared for an emergency does not necessarily make one a "paranoid bunker dwelling prepper". I consider it to be a type of insurance. As the old saying goes, I would rather have something and not need it, than need something and not have it.

A wise investment in my opinion.

I know one of the minor things I use the stuff for is vehicle emergency kits. I made a rubbermade tote for each mine and the wife's truck. Inside is some basics (blankets, mittens, knife, flashlight etc) but I also tossed 2 MRE's into each. I know we've been stuck in a LONG line waiting for an avalanche to be cleared off the highway, I tell you eating some hot food sure made it nice
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast