Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornady RAPiD Safe! In stock now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCartman View Post
    Restricted and prohibited firearms
    Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into;

or

Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.
    For automatic firearms, also remove the bolts

or

bolt carriers (if removable) and lock them in a separate room that is difficult to break into.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm

it loos like as long as it's classified as a safe no trigger lock is needed.

Exactly. End of conversation. What you do when you pull it out is your business, and your responsibility to justify. If it's designated as a safe, it's a safe. Store accordingly... Or don't...
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

Hey bigvern!!
    Last edited by Jay; 02-08-2015 at 06:14 AM.

I guess the thing here is this considered a locked container or is this a safe?? I wonder about this myself since I wanted to get one of these, but to me it looks more like a heavy duty container then any safe.

the word "safe" is in the name. Unless there is a different definition of safe between USA and Canada legally I think it would qualify as a legit gun safe. That coupled with the fact the TSE is saying you don't need to even trigger lock it makes it seem like it's considered a true safe here in Canada. That said I'm no lawyer. I'm definitely considering this but waiting to hear from TSE

Yeah but that's all a guy needs is to be busted for unsafe storage laws and have their gun collection on the front page newspaper to make them out as some criminal...

Is there anything written down for this? Or is bolting them down good enough?

Big vern you get real and you grow up. Dont come on here and start insulting people like you have sort of moral position over others. People are simply asking very relevant questions pertaining to this safe. And judging by the answers i would not doubt if some are lawyers. Seem like very intelligent and informed answers. If that bothers you take your negativity elsewhere.

It's a safe, It's in the name, It's hard to break into and it has a combination / other locking device. That said I'd bolt it down in case someone breaks in when you are not home. That thing would definitely be going home with the perp to break into at their leisure.

When I lived in the city I had a bigger safe where I stored a pistol with a loaded mag right beside it laid out in such a way as when I naturally grabbed both, one with each hand, I was left in position to simply jam the mag in like on an ipsc stage. This way you can do it even in the dark. This little Horandy safe would be sweet, I don't see why you couldn't set it up the same way. It's on my want list now (come on tax return). Stored in this way is legal, and I kept it this way only for that one in a million chance that I could save my family while waiting for the police to arrive instead of the other way around.

Just ot clarify, simply calling it a safe on the box does not legally make it a safe.

And there is no definintion of a safe in either the CCC or firearms act, the only place that a safe in regards to the firearms act has been rulled on is in Ont provincial court. So in Ont the leagle definintion of a safe for the purposes of the firearms act is a locking metal box. It is also reasonable to say that most other jurisdictions would come to the same conclusion.

Shawn

If case precedence simply defines a safe is as a locking metal box then even one of those flimsy Snap-on cabinet metal lock boxes could be defined as a safe. That doesn't seem right to me.

CGN frequent flyer
    Black's Law Dictionary calls a safe:

A metal receptacle for the preservation of valuables.

http://www.nationallibertyalliance.o...on,%201891.pdf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast