Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brixia (Valtro) PM5 Short-Barrel Shotguns IN STOCK

Expried Business Member

Lightbulb Brixia (Valtro) PM5 Short-Barrel Shotguns IN STOCK

When Valtro dissolved some years back the shotgun world was left with a void that many have tried to fill, ushering in several different takes on the idea of a box mag-fed pump shotgun. The original is always tough to beat, which is why Brixia Shotguns of Italy bought their former competitor and began to refine and produce their lines once more in Italy. Brixia's new PM5 shotguns feature a gorgeous, refined aluminum alloy receiver with sharp, expert machining and an anodized finish based on the specs used for the original French Naval contract Valtro PM5 shotguns. They've brought the gun back from the dead with improved sights and a familiar size, thanks to the 14" short barrel setup.

We're happy to see the Valtro design back on the Canadian market under new production as the pattern has always been one of the best options for the woodland hunter/hiker/surveyor/packer thanks to great handling characteristics, super quick loading and unloading for vehicle work, and a corrosion-resistant receiver. The absence of the PM5 for a few years there really reduced the options to our Canadian outdoorsmen and women and it's nice to know that these are coming in again with great quality to them, made in Italy again.

CLICK HERE

The new Brixia PM5 shotguns are in stock with 14" barrels and 7RND mags. Spare mags are already on the horizon but could not be shipped in with the initial shipment of shotguns, so we expect to see those shortly.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 10-19-2015 at 11:03 PM.

CGN Regular
    Any idea on the price of the mags? Will they be as expensive as they were in the past?

hmmm....I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki Cowboy View Post
    Fixed choke ?
    My original PM5 has a thread protector covering a threaded barrel. Chokes are external.

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question but will the old valtro pm5 mags fit this gun as the design is the same?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Great to see these back! Any chance for spare mags?
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki Cowboy View Post
    Fixed choke ?
    Quote Originally Posted by aiwa View Post
    My original PM5 has a thread protector covering a threaded barrel. Chokes are external.
    As aiwa notes, the gun is threaded externally. Internal diameter is an improved cylinder bore, slug safe all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by vancity View Post
    Any idea on the price of the mags? Will they be as expensive as they were in the past?
    From what we've heard, mags will be at a lower price from Brixia than from Valtro. So far we haven't seen an invoice to confirm the new pricing, though, since they're not yet here.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question but will the old valtro pm5 mags fit this gun as the design is the same?
    Your old magazines will fit and operate in this gun. Go nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    Great to see these back! Any chance for spare mags?
    Spare mags had to follow in a separate shipment and should be here in time for the spring shooting season. We'll post when they land in Canada.

Does the furniture on these shotguns hold any simularity to the 870, if so...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Biggest issue with the Valtro was the stock...and the lacking ability to get a short LOP. Any options on that front with this one? Looks like the same stick and LOP as old...
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast