Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SVT 40 Parts Kits For Export To America?

Hello John,
    What you are saying interest me a lot !
    I will probably move southerly very soon (2015) and only freak out about all my rifles and Handguns that I cannot leave behind.
    If you can facilitate or process the whole shebang for me, your price will be mine !
    Please tell me you can do that

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    So how many Chinese or Russian guns have you exported to the USA lately
    lol
    I admit your knowledge base far exceeds mine due to your vast experience in this field.... First off Russian guns are not embargoed, Soviet military weapons are, IF they come directly from the former Soviet Union, if they "lived" in another acceptable country for a period of time the State Dept will issue a Form-6....
    Second, a similar situation exists for Chinese weapons, it depends on the country of origin....
    John

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the info john. I think it may be beneficial for everyone if you were to make a thread going over the what is okay and not okay for export to the states. I am sure there will be quiet a few people who will be grateful for the information.
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by suberman View Post
    Thanks for the info john. I think it may be beneficial for everyone if you were to make a thread going over the what is okay and not okay for export to the states. I am sure there will be quiet a few people who will be grateful for the information.
    Thank you for your interest, exporting firearms to the US is COMPLICATED, there are many factors to consider, is the firearm a C&R, does it meet the point criteria, is it a Class-111 ??
    Is the importer an individual, a licensed dealer/importer ?
    Even parts for a Class-111 weapon requires a Form-6.... Even certain tripods require a Form-6....If you get into the destructive device category (over .50cal) then there is a whole different set of rules....
    The long and the short of it is simple, if not certain find out, Homeland Security, The ATF and the State Dept have no sense of humor
    Be glad to answer questions if I can help
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I do believe the importing and exporting of firearms and weapons, is right in John's wheelhouse, if he cannot do it, it likely cannot be done!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Thank you for your interest, exporting firearms to the US is COMPLICATED, there are many factors to consider, is the firearm a C&R, does it meet the point criteria, is it a Class-111 ??
    Is the importer an individual, a licensed dealer/importer ?
    Even parts for a Class-111 weapon requires a Form-6.... Even certain tripods require a Form-6....If you get into the destructive device category (over .50cal) then there is a whole different set of rules....
    The long and the short of it is simple, if not certain find out, Homeland Security, The ATF and the State Dept have no sense of humor
    Be glad to answer questions if I can help
    John
    Hi John,
    My question was serious, can you do something for me or not ?
    Thank you anyway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    I admit your knowledge base far exceeds mine due to your vast experience in this field.... First off Russian guns are not embargoed, Soviet military weapons are, IF they come directly from the former Soviet Union, if they "lived" in another acceptable country for a period of time the State Dept will issue a Form-6....
    Second, a similar situation exists for Chinese weapons, it depends on the country of origin....
    John[/B]

Thanks
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

How did you arrive at this conclusion ?? We export everything up to and including FA weapony to the US all the time
    John
    I thought it was obvious that I was talking about it being hard for the average Joe, John.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by theED View Post
    Hello John,
    What you are saying interest me a lot !
    I will probably move southerly very soon (2015) and only freak out about all my rifles and Handguns that I cannot leave behind.
    If you can facilitate or process the whole shebang for me, your price will be mine !
    Please tell me you can do that
    First thing to do is determine if your firearms are on the C&R list.... Contact the ATF and get advise on what you can or cannot import, are you moving permanently, for a fixed period of time, to which state ??? ALl of these factor will have a bearing on what can do....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Jeez... no wonder John's tired of cgn... it's like every thread is a baiting thread...

I know several people stateside who'd be interested in either whole SVT's or parts guns so I'm monitoring this thread for them - their dream is an svt-40 and they get quite upset hearing about SVT's being $300 here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast