Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SVT 40 Parts Kits For Export To America?

SVT 40 Parts Kits For Export To America?

Hello. I have come on behalf of all the Americans desperate for an SVT 40. Most of us can't afford one due to the 12-1500 price tag. What I want to know is if someone like Marstar would be willing to cut up some SVTs to ATF spec, and then ship them to 'Merica. From what I've seen, there don't seem to be any rules keeping parts kits out of the US, I am doing my homework just to be sure. I can assure you that you would get a flood of orders, if we could get an SVT with a cut receiver for 3-400. Are there any rules keeping "parts kits" from being shipped out of Canada? Also, how does Canada define a gun? Is the receiver considered the actual gun like it is here???

Thanks, Noah

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by American Joe View Post
    Hello. I have come on behalf of all the Americans desperate for an SVT 40. Most of us can't afford one due to the 12-1500 price tag. What I want to know is if someone like Marstar would be willing to cut up some SVTs to ATF spec, and then ship them to 'Merica. From what I've seen, there don't seem to be any rules keeping parts kits out of the US, I am doing my homework just to be sure. I can assure you that you would get a flood of orders, if we could get an SVT with a cut receiver for 3-400. Are there any rules keeping "parts kits" from being shipped out of Canada? Also, how does Canada define a gun? Is the receiver considered the actual gun like it is here???

Thanks, Noah
    Please send e mail to my personal box john@marstar.ca
    John

Email sent

Quote Originally Posted by American Joe View Post
    Is the receiver considered the actual gun like it is here???

Yes. Getting guns in and out of Canada isn't that hard; it's getting them in and out of the US that's a pain. The ATF and State Department are a pain in the ass to deal with.

I don't think you can import the barrel as well as the receiver as of recently (2 years ago ?)

Cheers

Godspeed my 'merican friend.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Yes. Getting guns in and out of Canada isn't that hard; it's getting them in and out of the US that's a pain. The ATF and State Department are a pain in the ass to deal with.
    How did you arrive at this conclusion ?? We export everything up to and including FA weapony to the US all the time
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    The thought of SVT's being chopped up is just sad

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    How did you arrive at this conclusion ?? We export everything up to and including FA weapony to the US all the time
    John
    So how many Chinese or Russian guns have you exported to the USA lately
    lol
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Edit; just realized this is Marstar's sandbox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast