Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a CCW but a SAA, awsome SBH 44 mag

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    sound of crickets
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Nice! I have the 5.5" version with the fluted cylinder. I had to change the grip as well, went with a Hogue. It was fairly punishing otherwise.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Honestly if mine wasn't equal parts reasonably priced and utterly ridiculous I would have gone with a shorter bbl to improve pointability.

A shoulder stock option *would* be cool.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Anyone know, were i could buy a leather holster and belt or have a custom one made for me... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Cant seem to find no one in Canada that fabricate or sell leather holster for a 10.5 barrel revolver... JP.

larocheleathers.com

He does custom work. The last time I talked to him he was just getting over an illness.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    You're going to have to sling it down at your knee to draw it

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Now you are going to have to sign up for a metallic silhouette handgun competition, factory division.
    I'd love to get into that again, but as far as I've been able to find out, the gods of ridiculous restrictions have virtually banned handgun metallic silhuoette in Ontario. ;-( You're lucky if you can do it out west there.
    I used to be able to do it years and years ago at Silverdale, but not anymore. Not aware of any ranges here in Ontario that allow it now. IHMSA seems to have gone the way of the do-do here.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Cant seem to find no one in Canada that fabricate or sell leather holster for a 10.5 barrel revolver... JP.
    Myself, I got one of those Pietta Remington 1858 New Model Army clones a while ago, the 'Buffalo Target' model, in .44 cal (black powder), with the 12" barrel, so I could do my Lee Van Cleef impersonation. Waiting for the shoulder stock for it to come available again. And then, instead of a holster, I want one of those saddle roll scabbards, so I can roll it open off the side of a horse and pull it out. (or off the side of a motorcycle?) Heh, heh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12